IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum
Forgot Password?

Reply  Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Knoxville 20k to win 2019
6/9/18, 11:43 AM   #1
Knoxville 20k to win 2019
dsc1600

BREAKING NEWS: @knoxvilleraces to play host to the inaugural running of the Corn Belt Nationals for non-winged sprint cars on July 5-6, 2019. Event will pay $20,000 to the winner!

6/9/18, 12:12 PM   #2
Re: Knoxville 20k to win 2019
Pat O'Connor Fan

https://speedsport.com/sprints-midge...elt-nationals/

1 member likes this post: tirespinner
6/9/18, 12:19 PM   #3
flagboy55

A huge standing ovation for the Knoxville Raceway and everyone involved in putting this together. The little bit I read I didn't see that it had a particular sanction but has cooperation from USAC and War. As a fan I am thrilled to have an event like this for my preferred type of racing, and will do everything I can to support it. I just hope the purse doesn't scare everyone away

6/9/18, 12:30 PM   #4
Jerry Shaw

They drew a real nice crowd for last year's USAC race. Thank you, to all that put this event together. I would love to go back over there again.

Jerry

Winston Churchill

6/9/18, 1:36 PM   #5
i love dirt track racing

It's always a great thing to add another racing events on our racing families bucket list. Thanks.

4 members like this post: BrentTFunk, jim goerge, scottyCbus, tirespinner
6/9/18, 3:22 PM   #6
staggerman

Event sounds good and nice A main payout. I just hope they pay some good money to the B and C main To get more IN or Ohio regulars to come out. That pay throughout the field is what drew the large car count for the Mopar Million. Otherwise I don’t see more than 35-40 cars there. Plus why is USAC/CRA not in on the deal. The Midwest guys go to the west coast but they don’t come east. Just my thoughts

1 member likes this post: bighd0522
6/9/18, 3:56 PM   #7
cshuman

The event will pay well even through the B’s and C’s. This event will be similar to the Knoxville Nationals in it is unsanctioned, but has the cooperation of the sanctioning bodies. I know we will have all of our regions/groups will be dark that weekend, and I assume it will be the same for usac and all of theirs.

6/9/18, 4:18 PM   #8
treecitytornado

The Knoxville Nationals used to be unsanctioned like the King's Royal, but has been sanctioned by WoO for several years.

6/9/18, 4:32 PM   #9
tdt636

Dropping your Bill Gardner Sprintacular date then scheduling against it....

1 member likes this post: jim goerge
6/9/18, 4:55 PM   #10
Speedmax3

Quote:
Originally Posted by cshuman View Post
The event will pay well even through the B’s and C’s. This event will be similar to the Knoxville Nationals in it is unsanctioned, but has the cooperation of the sanctioning bodies. I know we will have all of our regions/groups will be dark that weekend, and I assume it will be the same for usac and all of theirs.
I think this is sensational news. As any of us who have been around awhile the Nationals used to be non-wing with the best drivers and cars from all over the country. Nothing like watching a good shoe wheeling a non-winged sprint car around there. I hope it's highly successful and has cooperation of other sanctioning bodies. Haven't been there for years but something like this will get me back.

Reply Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Knoxville 20k to win 2019