IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum
Forgot Password?

Reply  Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Thank you Kokomo
8/25/17, 5:50 PM   #1
Thank you Kokomo
Rich Mersereau

Race Count This Year: Lots
Race Count Last Year: Lots

I'd like to say to the owners of the race track, the back stretch seats are really nice. Thanks for the view.

Rich M

8/25/17, 9:12 PM   #2
Re: Thank you Kokomo
djbamber

Time for a "Darlington" and flip the track?

4 members like this post: dirt330, speed bump, Stephen Cording, tirespinner
8/25/17, 9:49 PM   #3
grantman

First do something about the poor parking at the track.

1 member likes this post: Steve Wendel
8/25/17, 11:24 PM   #4
PIT CART

Quote:
Originally Posted by grantman View Post
First do something about the poor parking at the track.
They painted lines and people still take 2 Spots.

8/29/17, 9:52 PM   #5
Rich Mersereau

Race Count This Year: Lots
Race Count Last Year: Lots

The first thing i thought of was flipping the track, then they came by 4 wide i've never had a problem with the parking lot, but i don't mind walking to my car.

2 members like this post: Pat O'Connor Fan, tirespinner
8/29/17, 10:13 PM   #6
Joe T

Race Count This Year: 15

Walking is good for you.

8/30/17, 7:44 AM   #7
ossuks

Thing happen a step at a time. 1- Built a new track 2 upgraded facility 3 new back side bleacher ....Each of these at a monetary cost, plus time and work! My guess is they would love to have a larger parking area, but that would require more $ spent . If your going to spend 5 hours at a venue as nice as Kokomo a little walk is well worth the experience! We all have that " thing" that makes us happy, for me it is comfort and viewing (site lines). Kokomo to me was one of the worst because it was crowded and you set looking directly into the sun, now with the option of a new stand taking the pressure off of the front side it has become IMO a great facility. The owners are quickly building a facility that Indiana is fortunate to have. Maybe they are land locked, maybe the land around them is not available? When do you stop putting money in and take some for yourself? When I go to work I want paid, I do not know anyone that goes to work and continues to give money back? If you take cash in vs cash out I do not see a lot of profit vs time spent the last few years. All the work done at the facility comes with a cost!

8/30/17, 8:38 AM   #8
mc/rider

Race Count This Year: 42

The only tjme there are parking problems are ISW and Smackdown.Regular shows have less RVs so more slots for cars and trucks.One option might be a shuttle service from a remote space.The corn bldg was availible last year.I really dont see a need for them to invest in more parking space.

2 members like this post: rachasin, tirespinner
8/30/17, 10:59 AM   #9
revjimk

Back stretch stands are great. I only come for major events, & parking has never been a problem. Sometimes you have to walk a bit. I love Kokomo!

4 members like this post: Pat O'Connor Fan, rapid robert, tirespinner, TNRustler
8/30/17, 11:18 AM   #10
JarrettFarms73

i'll confess once again to gasping out loud years ago when i heard they reconfigured the track... been eating those words ever since!! haha.

What really impresses me is the eye for detail like scraping the main stand walkway multi times per night, or watering down the gravel parking lanes on Wednesday. We joked Reece and the guys were obviously bored since Mother Nature was cooperating for once. And as a music lover, totally dig the permanent stage outside the pub area.

Reply Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Thank you Kokomo