IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum
Forgot Password?

Reply  Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > 25th Street Fairgrounds Raceway
5/13/20, 5:42 PM   #11
Re: 25th Street Fairgrounds Raceway
TQ29m

Quote:
Originally Posted by TQ29m View Post
That picture is at the Columbus Speedway, south of town off hiway 7, there is a picture in there of them running real early at the 25st track, really old, before my time even!
Went back and looked again, the only picture of the 25st track is the one with the circle on it, the rest are at the other track, the hole. the pit ,but really Columbus Speedway.

1 member likes this post: tirespinner
5/13/20, 9:18 PM   #12
Re: 25th Street Fairgrounds Raceway
Speedwrench

One of the coldest races I ever attended was there in early March of 1969. Started out in the low single digits and only got up to mid-teens.

There were several Chevy pickups in the pits and parking areas that lost their spark plugs so that the racers could get hot enough plugs to get alky to fire.

I seem to remember it was a split show with the midgets.

3 members like this post: Indy1808, tirespinner, TQ29m
5/14/20, 6:38 PM   #13
1021gpa

I remember one night towards the end of the track when they almost had a riot when they messed around all night then said they had a curfew and canceled the races alot of mad people I was a little kid

3 members like this post: Indy1808, luckybuc97, tirespinner
Reply Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > 25th Street Fairgrounds Raceway