IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum
Forgot Password?

Reply  Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Would you go?
5/13/20, 8:45 AM   #71
Re: Would you go?
Charles Nungester

Race Count This Year: 6
Race Count Last Year: 14

Quote:
Originally Posted by captrat View Post
What empirical evidence can you cite to support that this novel virus is not transferable in higher temperatures?
I didn't say Non Transferable. I said Virtually. Which means "MUCH LESS LIKELY"

https://www.fox4now.com/news/coronav...ad-of-covid-19

4 members like this post: chrismattlin, JarrettFarms73, luckybuc97, PIT CART
5/13/20, 9:29 AM   #72
Rpracing1

Good to know we have so many scientist and doctors on this site. I feel safer already. Who da thunk..................
Last edited by Rpracing1; 5/13/20 at 9:43 AM.

5/13/20, 10:16 AM   #73
Rhody

Race Count This Year: 9

It's not about how willing you are to take chances, it's about NOT being a vector. If the disease runs out of hosts, it dies, then we can move on with a lot less heartache.

1 member likes this post: Pitdad
5/13/20, 10:25 AM   #74
wingless1

No way 80,000 covid deaths, do some research.I know a nurse, works at a busy Jacksonville hospital, only 2 covid patients have shown up this whole time. People dying of lung cancer, and heart attacks are being listed as covid deaths, hospitals get 9k for a positive test, and 39k to put someone on a respirator. I don't know who, or what you are listening to, but your info is horribly wrong. Where I work we are averaging 900 walk in customers a day, all during this whole scare, not one employee out of our 4 stores has had a positive test, that is a lot of human contact. I can substantiate every thing I've just stated.

6 members like this post: addictedtodirt, chrismattlin, davidm, duel, PIT CART, racer-x
5/13/20, 10:40 AM   #75
Rhody

So, you are telling me that the refrigerator trucks filled with bodies outside NYC morgues was made up? And NYC didn't turn into a ghost town? That was all just a media ruse?

2 members like this post: fish, Gregg
5/13/20, 10:56 AM   #76
JarrettFarms73

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rhody View Post
So, you are telling me that the refrigerator trucks filled with bodies outside NYC morgues was made up? And NYC didn't turn into a ghost town? That was all just a media ruse?
I know that’s not directed to me but im not saying that at all. I do believe the major metro areas are grossly skewing the numbers. I would ask if anyone believes rural locations in the midwest should wait for the all clear in places like NYC and LA before resuming their lives, in part or in whole. Obviously, i’m a firm hell no. All i’m asking for is a case by case possibility and not the one size fits all blanket we keep getting caught in.
Last edited by JarrettFarms73; 5/13/20 at 10:57 AM.

5/13/20, 11:00 AM   #77
chop

I read on the internet that the virus started in the Chinese factory that makes Sprint car frames. Some worker was eating a bat sandwich. Don't every crash one in a race. It is full of the virus. I should know I stayed at a holiday inn express last night.

5 members like this post: duel, interpreter66, jim goerge, PIT CART, TQ29m
5/13/20, 11:21 AM   #78
oppweld

Race Count This Year: 3
Race Count Last Year: 25

Whispers from the corn,"If they schedule it I will go!"

5/13/20, 11:32 AM   #79
Rhody

I agree that the re-openings will vary by location, I just don't want to see everyone go back to business as usual on day one, then watch cases spike all over the country. Re-open once with a measured approach, rather than re-open willy nilly and see another spike and then shut down again. I just really want to be on the back side of this deal for good, and if staying away from people for another month does the job, I'm all for it. Plus we don't want to encourage someone to travel a long way to an event, and bring the virus with them. for that reason I'm good with the current PPV only races with limited fields.
Last edited by Rhody; 5/13/20 at 11:34 AM.

2 members like this post: JarrettFarms73, TQ29m
5/13/20, 11:54 AM   #80
TQ29m

Quote:
Originally Posted by wingless1 View Post
No way 80,000 covid deaths, do some research.I know a nurse, works at a busy Jacksonville hospital, only 2 covid patients have shown up this whole time. People dying of lung cancer, and heart attacks are being listed as covid deaths, hospitals get 9k for a positive test, and 39k to put someone on a respirator. I don't know who, or what you are listening to, but your info is horribly wrong. Where I work we are averaging 900 walk in customers a day, all during this whole scare, not one employee out of our 4 stores has had a positive test, that is a lot of human contact. I can substantiate every thing I've just stated.
I can buy that, I look at the numbers every day, someone is making a pound over this, I should know, my wife is making masks, I think she's been at it a month, and has just about caught up at 6, 4 pd for, 2 to pick up today, and I still don't have one. But I do have a lot of the requirements needed, over 80, arthritis, loss of memory, and diabetes, which looks like has the lead.!

Reply Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Would you go?