IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum
Forgot Password?

Reply  Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Would you go?
5/11/20, 11:43 AM   #11
Re: Would you go?
TQ29m

I'd have to give it a no answer also, like the old bull to the young bull, wait a while and do more then one!

5/11/20, 11:47 AM   #12
Midget98

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stevensville Mike View Post
No, I wouldn't. I am going to sit out for awhile until we see what happens over the Summer across the country. But I think I am writing 2020 off.

I know there are a lot of people willing to, and needing to do so with respect to getting back to a society that we were four months ago, and I hate to say it, but they are winding up in a guinea pig role as I see it. I hope they all come through fine, of course, but it is a risk I am not willing to take just right now.

Hope all is well out the Gary way, '55. We are doing just fine. One is going a little stir crazy, but fine.
And just as I would choose to go and enjoy, I very much respect your decision to stay clear of crowds and lower your personal risk. That's the great part about this country (or at least it was). We have the freedom to decide for ourselves about what we want to do and the risks we want to take.

5/11/20, 11:56 AM   #13
Indy1808

Race Count This Year: 37
Race Count Last Year: 35

Yes but not to the wing shows. Everyone knows the risks and what to do.
We are all responsible adults, time to act and be treated like it.
"Sitting in the Stands " #noteamracing
Last edited by Indy1808; 5/11/20 at 11:59 AM.

5/11/20, 11:59 AM   #14
cornerthree

Went to Scotland County speedway in MO. saturday. They only sold 350 tickets so I bought a pit pass. Kept my distance from most people. But there were times you were moving around you couldn't keep the 6 feet apart. Promoter was nice enough to open the infield. I watched from there only two of took advantage of that. But I would of sat in the grandstand had i been able two.

5/11/20, 12:17 PM   #15
Indy1808

Race Count This Year: 37
Race Count Last Year: 35

Quote:
Originally Posted by HDbill View Post
Yes, in a heart beat. I am in the "high risk group" (by a lot!). I think that the original deal was very serious. And too little was done too late. And nothing can change that now. But after 6 weeks in "isolation"; I am good. I will use hand sanitizer more frequently now, just because. Life is good. But we have all been "in detention" WAY TOO LONG. It looks like big cities might still have some lingering problems. But most race tracks are in at the middle nowhere. So I am fully ready to get a haircut, get back to living life like it was last January (another great time at the chili Bowl - and no I didn't get the flu- but it did use hand sanitizer). I want to continue to enjoy all the pleasures of life for as long as I can. And can't wait to get back to spending time with my friends at the races. Stay well fellow open wheelers. See you at the track.
I agree with you. I am the same age group. I WON'T spend my last "Golden Years" as they say, cooped up with fear. Tell me what kind of quality of life that is? And if the Lord sees fit to take me, then so be it. I will enjoy to fullest, (which I have been doing before all of this) that I possibly can. Not that I'm going to throw caution to the wind but just be hygienic, smart, use manners and be aware of the environment surrounding, as I always was taught to do.

Life is too short so live it.
"Sitting in the Stands " #noteamracing
Last edited by Indy1808; 5/13/20 at 10:25 PM.

5/11/20, 12:30 PM   #16
dshort36

Yes yes yes. This has all been a bunch of bs. Many more people die in car accidents. Do you still drive ? Many more die from lung cancer. Do you still smoke ? Many more die from the flu does that cause you to stay home ? Wake up this is America not North Korea

5/11/20, 12:45 PM   #17
skids59

Absolutely yes. As it stands right now the state of Missouri is setting the example, it appears. I'm with Andrew S. to some level, about burn out. We still check the weather religiously and had planned on going this weekend to Lake Ozark speedway but I think mother nature will win this one. I agree with Mr. Short and pray we haven't been used as pawns for the feds to bail us out here in Illinois.

5/11/20, 12:57 PM   #18
kb78

My answer is yes, in a heartbeat. I ultimately respect each individuals decision that they make for themselves and I wouldn't judge or argue with them if they think it's best not to go for themselves but I would expect the same respect in return.
I have already thought about the issue of another state opening things up and not Ohio and figuring I would get to see some new tracks on my road trips.

5/11/20, 1:13 PM   #19
JarrettFarms73

I would go. Though i’ve not worn one to date, I bought a neckerchief style mask yesterday as a precaution in case it becomes a mandate to open sporting venues- even outdoor ones. I am high risk w/ lifelong asthma but it never stopped me from playing sports including dirt karting nor did it stop me from playing drums in bars and clubs for 20+ years before the smoke ban. Per usual i’ll have an inhaler in my pocket and one more in my car but this thing will not stop me from watching the sport i love the most, wing or no wing!

5/11/20, 1:28 PM   #20
chathamracefan

Well, I went to Pevely Saturday night (700 tix sold). We were spread out. Seated every other row & taped off 6 feet apart. Some were sitting together but those were folks that traveled together. For instance my son & I went so we sat next to each other but there was several feet empty on all sides of us.

And I have 3 tix for the outlaws on the 23rd so yes I would go!

Reply Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Would you go?