IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum
Forgot Password?

Reply  Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Daugherty Speedway Racing
5/10/20, 8:26 AM   #41
Re: Daugherty Speedway Racing
jjones752

Race Count This Year: 19
Race Count Last Year: 22

Quote:
Originally Posted by wildman92 View Post
I wonder how the big protest went. Did the Sheriff resign? I wonder if they handed out free passes to the nice deputies who came out to visit him yesterday.
The whole thing sorta lost it's edge when it turned out there was a key in the lock all along...
Midwest Thunder Speed2 Midget #97
Last edited by jjones752; 5/10/20 at 8:49 AM.

2 members like this post: Rpracing1, TQ29m
5/10/20, 9:33 AM   #42
Andrew S. Quinn

From the Benton County Sheriff's office Facebook page....

The Benton County Sheriff's Dept did not put up the barricades at the racetrack. That was something the commissioners instructed the county highway dept to do.

Neither I, nor any of my Deputies, have trampled Mr. Daugherty's civil liberties. Unfortunately we only get to clean up the mess that everyone else starts.

Mr. Daugherty brought attention to himself knowing advertising discounted tickets for seniors over 60 (the at risk covid group) and children (the asymptomatic group) would be a controversy. He advertised on FB how big the event would be. He, in turn, threw all the other race tracks like Peru's Circus City Track under the bus saying well they're racing why can't I. This was during his conversation with ISP which brought the attention of the Governor and ISP to the entire race track network of Indiana.

Look I get it, everyone is ready to get our freedom back. I am right there with you. So make sure you understand the bigger picture. The Cease and Desist order came from the State. It was by the direction of Governor Holcomb handed down to ISP directly to their Superintendent. It was only after Mr. Daugherty said "unless i get a Cease and Desist order I'm racing" that he forced their hand.

So if you want to waste your saturday afternoon at
Benton Co. Sheriff's Dept.
105 S. Lincoln Ave.
Folwer, IN.
then come on down and hang out. Keep 6 feet apart, practice social distancing and keep your groups smaller than 25 people. It's supposed to be a nice day and we are all in this together. Just make sure you get the facts and not one person's perspective.
Thanks,
Sheriff Don Munson

5/10/20, 11:09 AM   #43
Tumey's 55

This delves into ******** so I shouldn’t go there but thought some facts on taxes, IN vs Oregon, would be in order. To really understand taxes you need to consider all taxes. According to this website, https://wallethub.com/edu/best-worst...taxpayer/2416/, Oregon ranks 14th in the US and IN 34th in total taxes.

2 members like this post: chrismattlin, Ken Bonnema
5/10/20, 11:27 AM   #44
jonboat15

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tumey's 55 View Post
This delves into ******** so I shouldn’t go there but thought some facts on taxes, IN vs Oregon, would be in order. To really understand taxes you need to consider all taxes. According to this website, https://wallethub.com/edu/best-worst...taxpayer/2416/, Oregon ranks 14th in the US and IN 34th in total taxes.
Thanks for the interesting info. I guess I should just call my state Taxsylvania.

5/10/20, 1:04 PM   #45
Ken Bonnema

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tumey's 55 View Post
Super interesting!! According to these folks #1 (Alaska) is the lowest by percentage tax wise @ 5.73% of income going to taxes. California is 11th @ 8.94%. Oregon IS 14th with
9.05%, Indiana is 34th (16th MOST expensive) @11.75% of income going to taxes. #51 (or #1) is Illinois at a whopping 14.96% of income going to taxes.

Going inside the numbers Oregon takes out $6,258 vs Indiana @ $6024. That is obviously less but is way offset by the disparity in wages.

ISF, your sisters point is validated. Everywhere she has lived has a lower % of income taken out as opposed to Oregon.

5/10/20, 1:05 PM   #46
revjimk

Quote:
Originally Posted by jonboat15 View Post
Thanks for the interesting info. I guess I should just call my state Taxsylvania.
I prefer "Pennsyltucky"... beautiful state, 56% forest...

1 member likes this post: Ken Bonnema
5/10/20, 1:08 PM   #47
revjimk

I prefer "Pennsyltucky"... beautiful state, 56% forest...[/QUOTEhttps://www.youtube.com/watch?v=599bxyU30ug

5/10/20, 2:05 PM   #48
sp6967

everyone gets screwed no matter how you look at it.

1 member likes this post: chrismattlin
5/10/20, 8:08 PM   #49
chrismattlin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andrew S. Quinn View Post

The Benton County Sheriff's Dept did not put up the barricades at the racetrack. That was something the commissioners instructed the county highway dept to do.

Neither I, nor any of my Deputies, have trampled Mr. Daugherty's civil liberties. Unfortunately we only get to clean up the mess that everyone else starts.

Mr. Daugherty brought attention to himself knowing advertising discounted tickets for seniors over 60 (the at risk covid group) and children (the asymptomatic group) would be a controversy. He advertised on FB how big the event would be. He, in turn, threw all the other race tracks like Peru's Circus City Track under the bus saying well they're racing why can't I. This was during his conversation with ISP which brought the attention of the Governor and ISP to the entire race track network of Indiana.

Look I get it, everyone is ready to get our freedom back. I am right there with you. So make sure you understand the bigger picture. The Cease and Desist order came from the State. It was by the direction of Governor Holcomb handed down to ISP directly to their Superintendent. It was only after Mr. Daugherty said "unless i get a Cease and Desist order I'm racing" that he forced their hand.

105 S. Lincoln Ave.
Folwer, IN.
then come on down and hang out. Keep 6 feet apart, practice social distancing and keep your groups smaller than 25 people. It's supposed to be a nice day and we are all in this together. Just make sure you get the facts and not one person's perspective.
Thanks,
Sheriff Don Munson
Sheriff Munson is THE highest public official in Benton County; the same as every sheriff in the country. His words convey that he doesn't seem to realize that he is above the commissioners, the highway department, ISP, their superintendent, and even the Governor. His Facebook post is a deflection of his duty to uphold the rights of the citizens he serves. He just would rather everyone play nice, don't ruffle any feathers, and then his job is easy.

BTW, I'm sure a few of you reading this are getting a good chuckle- good for you! But instead of getting a laugh at my expense, maybe try looking up the powers of a county sheriff. You may think this sheriff shouldn't waste his time defending Mr. Daugherty this time, but please realize that sheriffs are our last line of defense against tyranny. If Sheriff Munson won't get off his keyster this time, will he get off it when it really matters?

1 member likes this post: Indy1808
5/10/20, 8:43 PM   #50
nathans1012

Race Count This Year: 7
Race Count Last Year: 34

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andrew S. Quinn View Post

105 S. Lincoln Ave.
Folwer, IN.
Thanks,
Sheriff Don Munson
As much as I would have liked to race sounds like Daugherty should have stuck a sock in his mouth and let things be. Just maybe the race might have flown under the radar of state officials. Still it was likely he may have been shut down anyway. I under stand what he tried to do standing up for right. I was only going to help a friend with his Mod. Many around the state in the racing community know the dude is a big mouth @$$. So it's really no surprise he shot his mouth off and look what happen. Made him self look like an even bigger d!ck.

Hope racing returns to Indiana soon. See ya all at a track near you.
Last edited by nathans1012; 5/10/20 at 9:16 PM.

3 members like this post: chrismattlin, EBookerFan, Heromaker
Reply Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Daugherty Speedway Racing