IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum
Forgot Password?

Reply  Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Big day for Roger Penske (observe the rules of the site...)
10/25/19, 11:53 PM   #11
Re: Big day for Roger Penske (observe the rules of the site.
ISF

If Penske had saw fit to dabble in dirt racing it's a safe assumption that dirt racing would have been better for it. But, whether it's true or not or fair or unfair, he always seemed just a bit too aloof to play in the dirt. Nonetheless, Penske is a racer of the highest order and more than deserving of the Presidential Medal of Freedom, and any other honor bestowed on him.

10/28/19, 7:51 PM   #12
Joe Schaub

Quote:
Originally Posted by HDbill View Post
Roger Penske has ALWAYS been a class act. I was in the shop that he rented in Newtown Square, Pa. in the '60's. It was spotless. I seriously doubt that anyone has ever seen him drunk. Or do anything that could damage the family name. Virtually everything that he has done has been first class or nothing. He developed many businesses over the years, that have provided employment opportunities and careers. 65,000 is probably a conservative estimate. Everybody makes mistakes. The captain made things happen with the right moves, and lazer focus on success 99.9% of the time. People that worked or drove for him and were paying any attention made nice lives for themselves. I LOVE open wheel dirt cars. I suspect that he saw far more opportunity on pavement because it was "cleaner". But have no doubt Mr. Penske is a serious racer and EARNED EVERYTHING that he won. Good for him.
Firing an injured driver in the hospital room where said driver is recovering from injuries is anything but a "class act". The driver broke his contract and should have been punished for it. I won't defend that, however I do strongly believe that could have been handled in a much better and classier way.

10/28/19, 8:10 PM   #13
HDbill

Wow. Somebody that never made a mistake and did everything the right way.

10/29/19, 9:22 AM   #14
Stevensville Mike

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe Schaub View Post
Firing an injured driver in the hospital room where said driver is recovering from injuries is anything but a "class act".
Who are we talking about here?

10/29/19, 10:25 AM   #15
TWagner73

Gary Bettenhausen

2 members like this post: chrismattlin, jdull99
10/29/19, 10:53 AM   #16
jjones752

Race Count This Year: 19
Race Count Last Year: 22

Just a guess but I think if Gary were here today he might just shrug his shoulders, take a drag off his cigarette, smile that little smile of his and say he deserved it...
Midwest Thunder Speed2 Midget #97

3 members like this post: chrismattlin, RadRacer, TQ29m
Reply Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Big day for Roger Penske (observe the rules of the site...)