IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum
Forgot Password?

Reply  Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Flo TV
2/9/19, 12:59 AM   #1
Flo TV
Scott Daloisio

Signed up for Flo TV this evening and watched the USAC Midget race from Florida. It worked flawlessly!!! Sean and Georgia were both great! Super racing and great coverage. Looking forward to Saturday's race. By the way, when it was over, I stayed on Flo and watched hockey! It is going to be well worth the $150.00.

2/9/19, 1:06 AM   #2
dirt330

I think USAC chose wisely with flosports. The announcing and quality of picture was excellent. I only wish they would put the running order and lap count on the screen. Great job

5 members like this post: erich45, oppweld, RockinRy, Scott Daloisio, The Old Coyote
2/9/19, 1:23 AM   #3
Re: Flo TV
Scott Daloisio

Quote:
Originally Posted by dirt330 View Post
I think USAC chose wisely with flosports. The announcing and quality of picture was excellent. I only wish they would put the running order and lap count on the screen. Great job
Agree. Perhaps they will in the future.

3 members like this post: erich45, oppweld, Stephen Cording
2/9/19, 1:29 AM   #4
Nate

I’m sure Buck will straighten out the kinks and have added improvements as the season progresses.

That said, this is one of the best bargains out there. 80 USAC sanctioned races along with any other race they may have. On top of that you get all the other sports they cover. Definitely feel like I’ll be getting my money’s worth.

2/9/19, 7:48 AM   #5
Stephen Cording

Streamed perfect over the pond here in England. Not a single buffer or dropped frame.

Sean is a class act on commentary, in an age when it's the norm to have a three way or at the very least a double act it was refreshing not to hear 'and back to you Sean.

Fresh and professional all round.
I have no fear that things will only get better as the team gel.

What better way to stay up till past 4am.

Looking forward to tonight & into the early hours viewing.

So big thanks to the USAC Floracing team.

2/9/19, 10:31 AM   #6
The Old Coyote

I agree with all who have praised this. My experience was also great. Not as good as being there, but the next best thing. I can't wait until I am there next week for the Sprints.

2/9/19, 11:19 AM   #7
Nascardan

If you miss a live race can it be watched later?

2/9/19, 12:46 PM   #8
Charles Nungester

Race Count This Year: 6
Race Count Last Year: 14

Loved the program, Buck and Georgia. Less than two bucks a race $$ wise with all the other races and sports to watch. Hell, it's less than many peoples monthly cable bill.

Like others, To have a running order or tmes connected to Race Monitor or USAC app on the sreen would be nice.

The only improvement I'd like to see is for the main cam to catch the leader and go back to the cars racing for position. Last lap of last nights race apparently had three cars swap second place and we didn't see it..

Not a complaint, A suggestion.
Great work Buck, USAC and Floracing.

3 members like this post: duel, Simon_says17, Stephen Cording
2/9/19, 1:04 PM   #9
Rpracing1

What interweb speed necessary?

2/9/19, 1:54 PM   #10
ISF

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rpracing1 View Post
What interweb speed necessary?
I scoured the website in search of the answer to the question you pose. All the website says is high speed broadband. They say that dial up is susceptible to buffering.

We're out in the boonies and other than satellite internet service (which has proven to be problematic at the very least) the best speed we can get is around 15 meg download. At that speed our stream worked flawlessly other than just once during the A-main it locked up, I reloaded and it worked perfectly from there till the end. Luckily the lockup came during a yellow flag segment and we didn't miss a thing.

My only complaint is that we stream through an iPad and hook to the TV with an HDMI cable and we can't get a full screen picture on the TV. There is a 6" black strip on the top and bottom of the screen and maybe a 2" strip on both sides. Speedshift and Lucas Oil Racing TV completely fill out the TV screen when streaming through the iPad. I've contacted FLORacing about this to see if there is a remedy but as of yet haven't gotten a response.
Last edited by ISF; 2/9/19 at 1:56 PM.

1 member likes this post: Rpracing1
Reply Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Flo TV