IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum
Forgot Password?

Closed Thread  Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Usac: Thomas repeats $25k oval nationals win; courtney wins
11/11/18, 3:54 PM   #11
on_the_edge

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charles Nungester View Post
1k fine to USAC? How about damages to the car owner you crashed?

Think all fine money ought to add to the championship purse
I believe some of that money goes to the car owner of who was wrecked but USAC will have clarify that one.

11/11/18, 4:01 PM   #12
rclaridge

Quote:
Originally Posted by on_the_edge View Post
As many post as I've seen on here and Twitter of you complaining about that starting to make me wonder if it's clauson/Marshall/Newman/claridge racing.
I’ve been a friend of the Clauson family a long time and have a tremendous amount of respect for them and what they are doing.

2 members like this post: BrentTFunk, PJ Wright
11/11/18, 5:43 PM   #13
SteelCore

Quote:
Originally Posted by on_the_edge View Post
They announce in every driver's meeting that a 1k fine will assessed to anyone who makes intentional contact after the checkered of a race so I would imagine that situation would warrant that penalty.
I think thats somewhat fair. I think $2500 is more reasonable. Really makes them think to not wreck someone after the checkered

1 member likes this post: tirespinner
11/11/18, 8:38 PM   #14
Re: Usac: Thomas repeats $25k oval nationals win; courtney w
Hubie

What a great season! There are several really nice cars and the sport appears to be healthy. My hopes going forward is to put more money in the racers pockets. The big picture does not fit the bottom line as far as expense go....... these are fine drivers with fine cars. I guess it's a sign of the times as motorsport falls deeper and deeper into irrelevancy. I just don't see the groups of 20 somethings that I did when I was twenty something (!)

Great job!

3 members like this post: BrentTFunk, cornerthree, tirespinner
Closed Thread Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Usac: Thomas repeats $25k oval nationals win; courtney wins