IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum
Forgot Password?

Reply  Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Track Prep and French Fries
7/25/18, 8:46 PM   #11
superstock30

Race Count This Year: 2
Race Count Last Year: 15+

The fries at LPS were good last week! Haha. Really good post, I enjoyed that! Why gripe when we are in the middle of the best racing in 'Merica!?!?

7/25/18, 9:09 PM   #12
rockstar5

One hell of a post but ranch with fries is like pineapple on pizza lol no really lol great post

1 member likes this post: fish
7/25/18, 9:42 PM   #13
Rpracing1

Come try the best fries in the country this Saturday at TSS! Luv em!

7/26/18, 2:34 AM   #14
team3521

Great post! Makes tremendous sense.

1 member likes this post: fish
7/26/18, 8:08 AM   #15
david mitchell
Banned

I go on the premise that if you took someone to a Sprint Car race for the first time would they come back.After experiencing the last three nights,cannot speak for Plymouth,they not only would never return,but I may lose them as a friend.😹Getting dusted down like a out of of control blowtorch is not most people’s idea of a good time.Remember,we accept this as long time fans,but People whose experience are NBA,NFL,MLB games are pretty ,how do we say surprised🙀If the point is to grow the sport and insure it continues after we are gone,not gonna happen.If it is just for us to enjoy now ,great.Make your decision.Maybe some of the stuff they use in New York that is mixed with water and then put down may be the answer.I just know when I go to races in other parts of Country the comments are always the same.Great racing,but why all the dust and hard to see conditions.Putnamville,your opportunity.

4 members like this post: Bill Angel, dkdorkboy, flagboy55, motorhead748
7/26/18, 9:03 AM   #16
motorhead748

That's exactly the same premise I use when deciding whether to go. If a first timer wouldn't enjoy and unless it's something I really wanna see I'll skip it.

7/26/18, 9:33 AM   #17
tdt636

You're gonna always get dusted at Terre Haute. The next 3 nights will have great fast tracks. Cant wait!!!

1 member likes this post: jim goerge
7/26/18, 9:39 AM   #18
Longtime sprinter

Great post, and a lot of fun reply's, then David Mitchel comes along, hohummmmm!

5 members like this post: addictedtodirt, jim goerge, racinrich, tdt636, trannyman
7/26/18, 9:43 AM   #19
Longtime sprinter

Great post, and a lot of fun reply's, then naturally the bashers that would rather watch the nba comes along. Gheesh, suggestion, if you don't wanna see really great racing, AND, get a little dust in your beer, stay home with your remote!

3 members like this post: jim goerge, racinrich, superstock30
7/26/18, 9:46 AM   #20
Re: Track Prep and French Fries
davidm

Race Count This Year: 21
Race Count Last Year: 23

Quote:
Originally Posted by david mitchell View Post
I go on the premise that if you took someone to a Sprint Car race for the first time would they come back.After experiencing the last three nights,cannot speak for Plymouth,they not only would never return,but I may lose them as a friend.😹Getting dusted down like a out of of control blowtorch is not most people’s idea of a good time.Remember,we accept this as long time fans,but People whose experience are NBA,NFL,MLB games are pretty ,how do we say surprised🙀If the point is to grow the sport and insure it continues after we are gone,not gonna happen.If it is just for us to enjoy now ,great.Make your decision.Maybe some of the stuff they use in New York that is mixed with water and then put down may be the answer.I just know when I go to races in other parts of Country the comments are always the same.Great racing,but why all the dust and hard to see conditions.Putnamville,your opportunity.
If you are taking a friend to a dirt track for the first time it's up to you to set some level of expectations and the groundwork of what they should expect. I'm taking a co worker this Saturday to his first Sprint Car race.. He already knows it's going to be loud, might be dusty, what the food and restroom are like and cost to get in. What he does not yet know it the thrill of seeing a Sprinter blast into a turn sideways and kick a roost of dirt high in the sky. Some things you just can't explain.

Reply Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Track Prep and French Fries