IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum
Forgot Password?

Reply  Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Knoxville 20k to win 2019
6/9/18, 4:57 PM   #11
Re: Knoxville 20k to win 2019
Charles Nungester

Race Count This Year: 6
Race Count Last Year: 14

Quote:
Originally Posted by tdt636 View Post
Dropping your Bill Gardner Sprintacular date then scheduling against it....
I don't see no 2019 LPS schedule.

Worked right with a couple other tracks out west coming to Sprint Week for a couple week stretch. Could make this more like the old CRA midwest swing vs USAC which were awesome races by the way.
Last edited by Charles Nungester; 6/9/18 at 4:59 PM.

3 members like this post: BrentTFunk, oppweld, speed bump
6/9/18, 6:19 PM   #12
PAW

I'm in, my birthday is on the 4th. Happy birthday to me!

4 members like this post: addictedtodirt, BrentTFunk, duel, oppweld
6/9/18, 6:44 PM   #13
cshuman

Not true JT

4 members like this post: dustbowl, oppweld, progressive22, tirespinner
6/9/18, 7:00 PM   #14
treecitytornado

Which part, Casey? WoO Teams get points for running the Nationals and WoO officials run the race. It used to be unsanctioned back in the day because Kinser, Sammy, etc. ran the 1989 Nationals even though they were Not Racing with the WoO in 1989.They ran with U.S.A. The King's Royal was always Open sanction, but All Star Rules for many years till WoO took over and sanctioned it. The Night before the King's Royal was a full All Stars Point Race.

6/10/18, 4:52 AM   #15
Dirteater

Quote:
Originally Posted by treecitytornado View Post
Which part, Casey? WoO Teams get points for running the Nationals and WoO officials run the race. It used to be unsanctioned back in the day because Kinser, Sammy, etc. ran the 1989 Nationals even though they were Not Racing with the WoO in 1989.They ran with U.S.A. The King's Royal was always Open sanction, but All Star Rules for many years till WoO took over and sanctioned it. The Night before the King's Royal was a full All Stars Point Race.
Things have changed over the years.

WoO’s are just getting showup points if that I believe. But if you look at Knoxville nationals advertising, I don’t remember seeing anything WoO tied to it. From my understanding Knoxville doesn’t even pay WoO any money. It’s just an agreement between the two to have the WoO drivers and officials to help out and be there. WoO’s PPv dirtvision will not even be broadcasting the Nationals. Knoxville uses the mechanical tech side with WoO’s rules, but the racing format is strictly Knoxville rules (inversions, single file restarts, ect.). I’m sure Levi, Casey, & Knoxville will figure out a format/rules for all party’s involved will agree on. Hopefully a car count of 45+ will be there. Might have to make the trip to Iowa next July.
Last edited by Dirteater; 6/10/18 at 5:09 AM.

2 members like this post: Boat, PIT CART
6/10/18, 5:11 AM   #16
Stephen Cording

As long as the scheduling is right, ISW to start the following week I'll make my first trip to Knoxville Raceway.

Nice to see the Non-Wing getting another payday show.

'other' thoughts around this announced show.

Could the Silver Crown be added for a Sunday 7th July show.............

Could the USAC Midgets be added to the bill to make a humdinger of a show or would that be just too much of a good thing at the same time.....

Could ISW finally be extended to 4 nights & 4 nights, kicking off on Thursday 11th at Plymouth and returning to Gas City for the Friday 12th.............

Would having the Knoxville & ISW closer together not just encourage a few more West Coasters to haul East (and possibly a few in the East to head West) ?

Lot's of possibilities and fantasy thoughts.

I just hope the scheduling allows me to attend

Last edited by Stephen Cording; 6/10/18 at 5:33 AM.

6/10/18, 7:02 AM   #17
BrentTFunk

Knoxville Promoter and race director John McCoy parked next to me at Ocala this year. He said he was really impressed with USAC racers and officials. Said they hoped to do something big in the future. Guess he was serious.

6/10/18, 7:40 AM   #18
miledirt

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stephen Cording View Post
As long as the scheduling is right, ISW to start the following week I'll make my first trip to Knoxville Raceway.

Nice to see the Non-Wing getting another payday show.

'other' thoughts around this announced show.

Could the Silver Crown be added for a Sunday 7th July show.............

Could the USAC Midgets be added to the bill to make a humdinger of a show or would that be just too much of a good thing at the same time.....

Could ISW finally be extended to 4 nights & 4 nights, kicking off on Thursday 11th at Plymouth and returning to Gas City for the Friday 12th.............

Would having the Knoxville & ISW closer together not just encourage a few more West Coasters to haul East (and possibly a few in the East to head West) ?

Lot's of possibilities and fantasy thoughts.

I just hope the scheduling allows me to attend

If they add Silver Crown to Sunday, that absolutely tips the scales for me

1 member likes this post: oppweld
6/10/18, 9:38 AM   #19
hoosier race fan

If the ISW dates are the same weekends next year, it will be July 19-27, which would be starting two weeks after this event. Probably a good idea to go with that 2 week separation.

It looks like it could be a good event. I’m not the promoter, a series director, or anyone that has money on the line with this event, but one thing I would like to see is a 3 race event with midgets Friday, sprints Saturday, and silver crown Sunday afternoon. Wrap it up by 4 so the ones from Indiana with the extra tight panties on can make it back to the Hoosier State by shortly after 10.

2 members like this post: dirt330, miledirt
6/10/18, 11:07 AM   #20
Charles Nungester

Race Count This Year: 6
Race Count Last Year: 14

Why do you seek Midgets at Knoxville? Not going to happen, they've given up the big half miles, Terre Haute, Perris, Belleville

2 members like this post: PIT CART, red70racer
Reply Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Knoxville 20k to win 2019