IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum
Forgot Password?

Reply  Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > POWRi Midget Series: 2015 Schedule. From NSSN website.
1/2/15, 8:18 PM   #11
groove grabber

A much improved schedule for the majority of powri racers, should see an increase in cars running entire series. I like them getting back to their roots

1/2/15, 8:21 PM   #12
GlobalSpeedway Tours

Love it that POWRi will be at 1-55 with the Outlaws on Aug 7th and 8th. Our Australian Global Speedway Tours group gets a real doubleheader bonus right there.

1/2/15, 9:04 PM   #13
dsc1600

POWRi midgets at Ironman 55. That might be the show of the year.

4 members like this post: KENDALLRACING, racenut69, SDHill89, sfish
1/2/15, 9:15 PM   #14
treecitytornado

Saldana can sweep the weekend! The only WoO Regular pulling the double most likely!

1/2/15, 11:46 PM   #15
Re: POWRi Midget Series: 2015 Schedule. From NSSN website.
Nate

Quote:
Originally Posted by GlobalSpeedway Tours View Post
Love it that POWRi will be at 1-55 with the Outlaws on Aug 7th and 8th. Our Australian Global Speedway Tours group gets a real doubleheader bonus right there.
Glad it works out for your tour, the people I've met at the track on some of your tours have been some of the coolest fans I've ever ran into at any track.

2 members like this post: Flatrightrear, KENDALLRACING
1/3/15, 12:03 AM   #16
chathamracefan

I sat next to a group of Aussies several years ago at Eldora during the Mopar Thunder show. They were in the states on a 3 week racing trip that was ending up at the Knoxville Nationals. They had gone to a race virtually every night for a few weeks. It was a fun experience to visit with them.

1 member likes this post: KENDALLRACING
1/3/15, 1:28 AM   #17
darnall

Not a powrI show, but I bet the Gold crown is looking at that first weekend in Sept...hoping to maybe avoid the crap weather that the October dates have slammed them with...

Which brings me to the Leffler Memorial... it's great to move it toward the end of the schedule and make it a big finale with such a big purse and such a great cause.... but my gosh late October is a scary time to try to have a big race in that part of the country... could be 75 degrees at 5PM, could be 25 degrees...could be in a 3 week long drought or could have 8 inches of rain in a 36 hour period.

As not only race fans but people who care about other people...for the sake of the racers, the fans, the promoters and especially Charlie...lets all please start saying a little prayer every chance we get that mother nature gives southern Illinois some beautiful weather that week in October.

3 members like this post: billwill7, Pat O'Connor Fan, racenut69
1/3/15, 3:08 AM   #18
KENDALLRACING

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nate View Post
Glad it works out for your tour, the people I've met at the track on some of your tours have been some of the coolest fans I've ever ran into at any track.
This works out for the New Zealand Tour to the Midwest also

Lyndon

1 member likes this post: Nate
1/3/15, 10:33 AM   #19
miledirt

Quote:
Originally Posted by billw View Post
Sept 3-5 looks to be open from both series with silver crown at duquion on the 6th
A huge Granite City show on 3rd-5th, then DuQuoin Silver Crown on Sunday night... that would be nice!

2 members like this post: billwill7, luckybuc97
1/3/15, 11:35 AM   #20
Nate

Quote:
Originally Posted by KENDALLRACING View Post
This works out for the New Zealand Tour to the Midwest also

Lyndon
A few years back I ran into an older man from NZ on a tour in line for a beer who had a few questions about the track we were at (Kokomo). Talking to him I found out the guy had been a Formula 5000 driver and had dabbled into Formula 1 in the 70's. Pretty interesting stuff.

1 member likes this post: KENDALLRACING
Reply Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > POWRi Midget Series: 2015 Schedule. From NSSN website.