IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum

Register! Forgot Password?
Jonr (Offline)
  #11 6/22/20 1:16 PM
I always thought that WAR lost its focus a couple years back. It started as a regional series around Kansas City, but it seemed to want to grow its footprint larger and larger. While the series wanted to do this, I am not sure that is what the drivers wanted. If you look at the new USAC Midwest Wingless series, it is much more focused on the tracks around Kansas City.

I don't know if this is by design by the group to return to a more KC regional series or if this is only the tracks that would book them?
wideopen24 (Offline)
  #12 6/22/20 4:28 PM
Casey split the expansion off with the Wildcard Series. Two separate championships and points funds so teams could run WAR or both. Most ran both and were happy to do so.

Under Shuman’s leadership w/ Brooke & Brian Walker the series saw new tracks, record car counts, bigger purses, bonuses, marquee events, National TV and a professionalism/fun factor that as a competitor, I’ve not experienced anywhere else.
20 Likes: bighd0522, cshuman, davidm, dirtnonwingfan, groove grabber, Hustlin-Hoosier, i love dirt track racing, jim goerge, jonboat15, luckybuc97, opnwhlmnd, oppweld, PIT CART, R A K, racenut69, skids59, Speedmax3, spicoli, sprinter31, Tom23
oldfan49 (Offline)
  #13 6/22/20 9:01 PM
Every time Traditional sprints start to take off and get going in the Mo/Ks area someone always seems to step up and say "not under my watch"
DSchuett (Offline)
  #14 6/22/20 9:15 PM
@openwhelmd - A janitor at Anheuser Busch? Think again, pal.....
opnwhlmnd (Offline)
  #15 6/22/20 11:00 PM
Originally Posted by DSchuett:
@openwhelmd - A janitor at Anheuser Busch? Think again, pal.....
Love it, his first post and he even edited it and still couldn't spell my forum name correct. Maybe I should have used the upscale name of janitor which would be custodian.

Find a purpose in life ..... Be a bad example
flagboy55 (Offline)
  #16 6/23/20 8:17 AM
I don’t pretend to know Mr Brown, but calling him a custodian is the most complimentary word I’ve heard to describe him
4 Likes: Dirtfan, jim goerge, opnwhlmnd, oppweld
DSchuett (Offline)
  #17 6/23/20 8:42 AM
Originally Posted by opnwhlmnd:
Love it, his first post and he even edited it and still couldn't spell my forum name correct. Maybe I should have used the upscale name of janitor which would be custodian.
Hilarious! You can use whatever terminology you’d like and you’re still not anywhere close. Good luck to you though! Coming onto a website to spew misinformation. You must live a wonderful life!
jim goerge (Offline)
  #18 6/23/20 2:34 PM
Originally Posted by opnwhlmnd:
I"ve heard him being called a lot worse lol.
2 Likes: opnwhlmnd, oppweld
oppweld (Offline)
  #19 6/23/20 7:55 PM
At least this time there seems to be an alternative and credible series for the locals to compete in USAC Midwest Non Wing !
opnwhlmnd (Offline)
  #20 6/23/20 9:26 PM
Originally Posted by DSchuett:
Hilarious! You can use whatever terminology you’d like and you’re still not anywhere close. Good luck to you though! Coming onto a website to spew misinformation. You must live a wonderful life!
Love it. I'm coming on a website spewing misinformation but someone with a total of two posts now and who joined just to defend POWRi says I'm wrong. It's possible I could be slightly wrong he may be a retired janitor/custodian at Anheuser-Busch by now. Some of my best friends have worked at Anheuser-Busch for many years and I know this to be a true fact.

If you check my join date pal I've been on this site since 2008.

Find a purpose in life ..... Be a bad example