IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum

Register! Forgot Password?
ronmil (Offline)
  #191 10/18/15 5:09 PM
Wow! 34,443 views! Almost double the seating capacity of the Bankers Life Fieldhouse!

Ron Miller
Charles Nungester (Offline)
  #192 10/18/15 5:09 PM
There might be room for a couple motor homes on each side of the track entrance. Thats premium $$ right there. Should boost the purse a bit.

Charles Nungester
2 Likes: BrentTFunk, jim goerge
ronmil (Offline)
  #193 10/18/15 5:21 PM
Originally Posted by BrentTFunk:
I was wondering if anyone was going to take my comment seriously. This thread had all the whining and drama of all other pre race, except blankets. I didn't want to leave them out.
Is it Indiana Sprint Week yet?

Ron Miller
5 Likes: BrentTFunk, Charles Nungester, jim goerge, mowerman, Pat O'Connor Fan
mc/rider (Offline)
  #194 10/18/15 6:36 PM
Originally Posted by Charles Nungester:
There might be room for a couple motor homes on each side of the track entrance. Thats premium $$ right there. Should boost the purse a bit.
This might be more like a concert venue,camp on the sidewalk for 2 days

When in doubt Gas It
767 (Offline)
  #195 10/19/15 8:49 AM
stopped by the field house yesterday and picked up 10 tickets. No extra charges at the box office by the way. The ticket lady said sales have been great so far. Looking at things yesterday, my guess is long straights tight corners. Gonna be fun.
jjones752 (Offline)
  #196 10/19/15 10:34 AM
Buying your tickets at the box office is definitely the way to go if you live close enough; not only do you avoid the Ticketmaster fees, you get to pick your seats rather than letting the software do it. FYI, it seems like whoever did the pricing does not realize lower level/front row does not equal prime seating for a race track. I got seats halfway up, almost mid-straightaway for 35 bucks each. Front or back straight I have no idea; when I asked where the start/finish was the lady behind the glass pointed to the middle of the turn at the open end of the chart. When I questioned it she said "Well, that's what they told us"...

Jim Jones
Midwest Thunder Speed2 Midget #97
brsteg (Offline)
  #197 10/20/15 8:13 PM
S/F being in a turn could add some excitement. And probably some wrecks. I kind of hope S/F will be opposite that of the one in the seating chart. But shouldn't matter.
racer5c (Offline)
  #198 10/21/15 8:26 PM
Originally Posted by jjones752:
Buying your tickets at the box office is definitely the way to go if you live close enough; not only do you avoid the Ticketmaster fees, you get to pick your seats rather than letting the software do it. FYI, it seems like whoever did the pricing does not realize lower level/front row does not equal prime seating for a race track. I got seats halfway up, almost mid-straightaway for 35 bucks each. Front or back straight I have no idea; when I asked where the start/finish was the lady behind the glass pointed to the middle of the turn at the open end of the chart. When I questioned it she said "Well, that's what they told us"...
fumes are worse the higher you go
scottyCbus (Offline)
  #199 10/22/15 7:14 AM
View is better the higher you go! When it comes to racing so its a give and take!
jjones752 (Offline)
  #200 10/22/15 8:56 AM
Originally Posted by racer5c:
fumes are worse the higher you go
True, Roy; that's why I went for the $35 seats instead of the $20's; I figure that's roughly equivalent to near the top of the stands at DuQuoin or Ft. Wayne.

Jim Jones
Midwest Thunder Speed2 Midget #97