IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum
Forgot Password?

Reply  Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Indycars were at IMS yesterday and nobody noticed
8/13/23, 12:17 PM   #1
Indycars were at IMS yesterday and nobody noticed
Charles Nungester

Race Count This Year: 6
Race Count Last Year: 14

I seen a few sitting down in turn one scattered very sparsly and some sitting on the berms outside the course. But looked dead..

Am I missing something?

1 member likes this post: Bostonian
8/13/23, 12:53 PM   #2
brown11b

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charles Nungester View Post
I seen a few sitting down in turn one scattered very sparsly and some sitting on the berms outside the course. But looked dead..

Am I missing something?
Yes, there were quite a lot of people.

Penske said attendance was up 25% from last year

2 members like this post: opnwhlmnd, tirespinner
8/13/23, 12:59 PM   #3
Re: Indycars were at IMS yesterday and nobody noticed
BrentTFunk

Charles you have to take into account how big a place is, and how many it can actually seat. I really wanted to go,but had some things I had to do. Tickets were pretty reasonable too.

4 members like this post: Ilovedirttrackracing, opnwhlmnd, tirespinner, Will Shunk
8/13/23, 2:40 PM   #4
hoosier race fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by brown11b View Post
Yes, there were quite a lot of people.

Penske said attendance was up 25% from last year
Probably better than their attendance for the May race on the road course. An increase is good news, but I wonder if the race will continue when NASCAR goes back to racing on the oval (as they should) next year.

Personally, I’d like to see the 2nd race on the road course (if they continue to have 2) move to late September and become the IndyCar finale. I know they just announced Nashville becoming the finale, but I think it would be appropriate to have it at the home of INDYcars.

4 Crown at Eldora on 9/20 and 9/21, BC 39 on 9/25-9/28, and IndyCar Finale on 9/29.

5 members like this post: Grocery Guy, GrumpyTodd, interpreter66, jdull99, Love dirt
8/13/23, 2:51 PM   #5
Charles Nungester

Race Count Last Year: 14

Lot more there today for the Nascar. Cup race

1 member likes this post: nathans1012
8/13/23, 4:35 PM   #6
Blackduce

I think so many things do not help. Economy, high seat prices, high gas prices, direction of the USA, no concerts, so many local races and variety races this weekend, And a large depression thoughts food, schooling. and money payments. Also the lack of education and family struction of our youth.
Lynn

2 members like this post: tirespinner, TQ29m
8/13/23, 7:16 PM   #7
Grocery Guy

Was there both days. $40 admission each day was a great value, especially Saturday. I was amazed how many people were sitting on the grassy mounds along the road course. First time I tried those seating areas and they were great, close-up vantage points. Very entertaining two days of racing. IRP also had a great crowd on Fri night for the NASCAR truck and ARCA races.

BL Duce,

I'm trying to understand your comments. I'll keep thinking on them.

Direction of the USA, high seat prices (only $40 each day), large depression thoughts food, schooling, lack of education, family struction of our youth. ???

8/13/23, 7:55 PM   #8
sp6967

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grocery Guy View Post
Was there both days. $40 admission each day was a great value, especially Saturday. I was amazed how many people were sitting on the grassy mounds along the road course. First time I tried those seating areas and they were great, close-up vantage points. Very entertaining two days of racing. IRP also had a great crowd on Fri night for the NASCAR truck and ARCA races.

BL Duce,

I'm trying to understand your comments. I'll keep thinking on them.

Direction of the USA, high seat prices (only $40 each day), large depression thoughts food, schooling, lack of education, family struction of our youth. ???
40 bucks is a lot to some and not to others. Inflation has sky rocketed on food prices and everything else. teaching kids they can be any sex they want to be, the educational system is more than broken.

2 members like this post: jdull99, tirespinner
8/13/23, 8:12 PM   #9
BrentTFunk

How does everything become p#@@al with some people. Can't we even talk about racing without it? That to me is the biggest problem. Thought we were talking about yesterday's Indy car race.

8/14/23, 1:18 AM   #10
jdull99

I think its ok either way (Brickyard on the road coarse or the oval), but for the Indycar/nascar double part of it; I say on Sat, keep the IndyCars and xfinity cars on the road coarse; and if they wana run the Cup race on the oval; do it all (Practice & Q; and race) Sunday.
Steel$ & Deal$ Swap Meet & Car Shows (next location; TBD...)

Reply Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Indycars were at IMS yesterday and nobody noticed