IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum
Forgot Password?

Reply  Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > NEW Hoosier Tire For 2023. National Sprint Car Tire
12/24/22, 6:24 PM   #1
NEW Hoosier Tire For 2023. National Sprint Car Tire
nathans1012

Race Count This Year: 7
Race Count Last Year: 34

NEW Hoosier Tire For 2023. National Sprint Car Tire

1 member likes this post: tirespinner
12/24/22, 7:26 PM   #2
Re: NEW Hoosier Tire For 2023. National Sprint Car Tire
sp6967

i guess they forgot to put in the press release that prices are going up...... again.

12/24/22, 9:49 PM   #3
ginblueearth

I wouldn't be surprised. To see somewhere in the range of $375 to $400 for a right rear. And $350 to $375 for a left rear. Since they had to make all new molds. And come up with new compounds for the rubber. And I'm sure it involved testing. And they've got a monopoly on the market. Who knows it could be even higher? If you complain, they'll just tell you, if you don't like it, don't race. That's what happens when you let promoters. And sanctioning bodies. Go with one tire brand. And you don't put a stop to it.
Last edited by ginblueearth; 12/24/22 at 9:51 PM.

6 members like this post: flagboy55, Hustlin-Hoosier, nathans1012, rick42, tirespinner, TQ97
12/25/22, 3:48 PM   #4
PIT CART

Does anyone know what the exact price will be? In the past have left rears cost more than right rears? What’s peoples opinion about this good or bad?

2 members like this post: nathans1012, tirespinner
12/25/22, 6:08 PM   #5
ginblueearth

Quote:
Originally Posted by PIT CART View Post
Does anyone know what the exact price will be? In the past have left rears cost more than right rears? What’s peoples opinion about this good or bad?
That's gonna be interesting to see if it is still that way. What Them having to make new molds and everything for the right rear. That very well could change. I believe and it's just my opinion. That the right rear is now going to cost more. Because of the new money invested in the new molds. And the testing involved. Add the new tire. But that's just my way of thinking. Could be wrong? We'll just have to wait and see. But I'm wondering why Hoosier is keeping the price is such a big secret. I think they're afraid to let it out, because they know there's gonna be. A big uproar. From Team owners. And drivers. And there should be. And it should not only be directed at Hoosier. It should be directed at track owners and sanctioning bodies. They're the ones that have let us get way out of hand on tire prices. For a measly contribution to points fund money. It only goes to a handful of drivers. In the top few spots. At a track. Are in a sanctioning body? But what they forget is all the racers. Need tires. And have to pay the outrageous prices. If something's not done. Soon, the lower the prices On things for racing. I can see the end coming before long. Sponsorship dollars are drying up. No Fans in the stands. And I don't care what anybody says. This TV stuff is not what it's bragged up to be. People better wake up. Or it's gonna be gone very soon. Now I know some of you are gonna say, Well, look at all the big races coming up in 2023. I'm talking about local weekly shows. And if local weekly shows die. So will the big shows.
Last edited by ginblueearth; 12/25/22 at 6:10 PM.

12/25/22, 6:46 PM   #6
shadow51

Everyone will and should agree, tire choice and costs are getting out of hand. the tire rules, brands, and costs need to change....There are other companies that make tires.....I say lets have some tire wars again !!

5 members like this post: flagboy55, nathans1012, PIT CART, tirespinner, TQ97
12/25/22, 7:35 PM   #7
TCR57

Okay, so… it just might be the captain Morgan Select and Coke. But…

I’m sick and tired of complaints about a company doing what they need to do to maintain their margin and profit.

I’ve had a price increase in damn near everything I consume for the last two years. Racing isn’t a birthright. If you
don’t want to pay for it, THEN STOP RACING.

I absolutely love and support the consolidation of tire specs. I also love the money that all the tracks / promoters we CHOOSE to race at have cashed that “Hoosier money” for years to support the maintenance of the facilities, their equipment, their points funds, etc.

It’s not a monopoly, it’s a democracy amidst a free market.

Quit it.

12/26/22, 11:13 AM   #8
FrankR63

TCR57
Spot on Chief. I am continually amazed at the endless disconnect from these people that never stop B***hing. Tires, it seems, are the only item that has skyrocketed in price in there world. The lack of understanding of how things work is staggering. Depressing really, I used to think racing folk were smarter than the average bear, however....not so much.
Try running a business in this madness we call the new normal.
I do believe, racing as we know it, is about to encounter many, many more pressing issues than the Hoosier tire obsession. Perhaps if these obsessed tire folk just focus on this one issue, it will save them from facing the train heading our way.
Carry on! The world awaits, with bated breath, your never ending blather.

12/26/22, 11:43 AM   #9
flagboy55

Maybe 57 and 63, you are more deeply involved than our average fan. But from the bleachers where I sit it looks like a monopoly to me. I can’t tell you the last time I saw anything but a Hoosier tire on a sprint or midget. In most cases monopolies are not good for the consumers and tends to greatly help the owners of said business. I will agree with you both that the price of everything has gone up. But tire’s being a consumable, and a substantial weekly expense, I guess they get more attention. I blame Hoosier a lot, because to me, it looks like they deserve it

2 members like this post: bighd0522, PIT CART
12/26/22, 12:55 PM   #10
TCR57

But again… what are you actually blaming Hoosier on?

They make a product. They sell a product. They offer money to sanctioning bodies, series and tracks that CHOOSE to take it to run their tires.

The cost to manufacture, distribute, and R&D their tires has increased significantly. So they now charge more. I also pay more for methanol, oil / lubricants, chassis, parts, engine rebuilds, injection, hotels, meals, etc. it’s part of the game.

I also will 100% stay with Hoosier even if given the choice of another brand. Why? Because of their support of the sport and the money they put back into it over several decades. And… they are still testing, evolving new products, etc. When Neil from Hoosier tells me something I listen because I know they’ve put the time, expense, and effort into improving and understanding the product they produce. That also costs money because it’s an employee. That gets paid, has benefits, etc.

I just don’t understand how “they” (Hoosier) have a monopoly. I’m not forced to run their tire the moment I CHOOSE to run a track or series or race that requires it. Much in a similar way that series, sanctioning bodies, promoters, tracks, etc. CHOOSE to align with Hoosier, and have for years. Maybe it’s because it’s a better CHOICE for them. Maybe Hoosier is a better business to deal with.

2 members like this post: fish, trackprep
Reply Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > NEW Hoosier Tire For 2023. National Sprint Car Tire