IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum
Forgot Password?

Reply  Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Haubstadt Hustler
9/19/23, 12:21 PM   #71
Re: Haubstadt Hustler
Speedmax3

Quote:
Originally Posted by CRA91 View Post
If that little bop would have caused his helmet to be damaged he better buy a better helmet.What kind of damage do you think a 100mph rock does to a helmet and yet they last all season.
i agree with you plus when you consider how high these seats come up around the helmet area I doubt it amounted to much of a bop.

3 members like this post: CRA91, flagboy55, opnwhlmnd
9/19/23, 3:33 PM   #72
opnwhlmnd

Isn't Racer X who got bopped on the head a police officer? Wonder if that had anything to do with the arrest?

If it would have been a USAC rules show Racer X would have been blacked flagged for slow pace.

Before anyone asks yes I have been in this kind of situation a few times. Had a steering wheel hurled at me while strapped into my sprint car. Guy who threw the wheel refused to come out of his trailer so I used his own steering wheel to destroy his top wing. Still have the souvenir steering wheel all these years later. Would have much rather hit him than destroy a wing though.

The sport was just fine when it could police itself.

9/19/23, 5:02 PM   #73
captrat

Quote:
Originally Posted by B99 View Post
You may understand it, but doesn't warrant what he did. He has a problem settle it at the trailer when both are out of the car.
And, USAC has a director of competition, right? And a flagman, right? And a black flag, right? If these moves were as you say "questionable", why aren't you calling out the officials for not throwing the black flag at him. Other organizations would do it. If this guy is an inexperienced driver as you say, then it should have been evident very early on he might be a problem. But I doubt as you seem to imply he was out there tryig to hurt someone or damage their stuff.
Maybe it was muddled by the co-sanction. MSCS on the flag stand,mixed bag of officials, race director(s)?

9/19/23, 5:36 PM   #74
oppweld

Race Count This Year: 3
Race Count Last Year: 25

Does MSCS have a drivers champion and owner champion? If so, couldnt Gentry enter his car with a different driver and still compete for a championship.

9/19/23, 7:07 PM   #75
Chief Wahoo

Race Count This Year: 4
Race Count Last Year: 22

Quote:
Originally Posted by opnwhlmnd View Post
Isn't Racer X who got bopped on the head a police officer? Wonder if that had anything to do with the arrest?
Ex police officer, he quit after 10-12 years.

1 member likes this post: opnwhlmnd
9/19/23, 7:30 PM   #76
snowdrift

He might be a ex officer but still got friends in high places

1 member likes this post: opnwhlmnd
9/19/23, 7:44 PM   #77
Chief Wahoo

Message from TSS

https://twitter.com/TSS_Haubstadt/st...7Ctwgr%5Etweet

2 members like this post: CRA91, mc/rider
9/21/23, 11:09 AM   #78
ronmil

Race Count Last Year: 48

According to eyewitness news last night at 9:00 Aric Gentry was arrested because he texted the other driver after the incident.

9/21/23, 12:00 PM   #79
Chief Wahoo

Quote:
Originally Posted by ronmil View Post
According to eyewitness news last night at 9:00 Aric Gentry was arrested because he texted the other driver after the incident.
Ron, if he sent threatening texts, they would have added intimidation to the charges. Sheriff said allegedly sent texts. Over 26 years of experience and I can tell you don’t believe everything you see on TV or read in the news. Been on scene for a lot of stuff and when I see it on TV or read the news later , the story or facts are wrong.

7 members like this post: Dirtfan, interpreter66, Jerry Shaw, luckybuc97, mlamb, oppweld, TQ29m
Reply Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Haubstadt Hustler