IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum

Register! Forgot Password?
flagboy55 (Offline)
  #81 12/31/22 9:59 PM
But Terre Haute is a better track!
4 Likes: cowboyhar69, oppweld, Rapid Rick, Sprints fan 11
ThrowbackRacingTeam (Offline)
  #82 1/1/23 10:31 PM
This isn’t good news. I’ve never heard of a fairgrounds that requires a promoter to invest a large amount of their own money in facility improvements that they do not own. How’d that work out last year?
2 Likes: Grocery Guy, PIT CART
Charles Nungester (Online)
  #83 1/2/23 9:25 AM
I agree, It says the Ronk Group took out their new concession stuff and the water tanks they installed.

Charles Nungester
2 Likes: DaveP63, Grocery Guy
Grocery Guy (Offline)
  #84 1/2/23 10:45 AM
25 members on their board. How do they even reach decisions with that many board members. Good luck getting this resolved.
17 Likes: bighd0522, BrentTFunk, Charles Nungester, cowboyhar69, Crankin, DaveP63, Hustlin-Hoosier, Ilovedirttrackracing, Leohr46, Offroadrace_814, Rcar, sp6967, Speedmax3, tirespinner, TNRustler, TQ29m, WinglessLovers
Crankin (Offline)
  #85 1/2/23 11:28 AM
Originally Posted by Grocery Guy:
25 members on their board. How do they even reach decisions with that many board members. Good luck getting this resolved.
Was thinking the same thing. That is a ridiculous number of people for a fair board, or any board. Especially when taking into account the entire city of Terre Haute has 9 Councilmen/women serving. Vigo county board of health has 8 members, and Vigo county school board has 7 members. No wonder it seems like such a mess at the fairgrounds.
9 Likes: BrentTFunk, cowboyhar69, DaveP63, Grocery Guy, Hustlin-Hoosier, Leohr46, tirespinner, TQ29m, WinglessLovers
sp6967 (Offline)
  #86 1/2/23 1:00 PM
Originally Posted by Grocery Guy:
from my understanding it's a rock, paper, scissors tournament. (single elimination).

"The nine most terrifying words in the English language are: I'm from the Government, and I'm here to help." President Ronald Reagan
7 Likes: Blitzman, DaveP63, Grocery Guy, Hustlin-Hoosier, Ilovedirttrackracing, Pancho Stapp, TQ29m
Pancho Stapp (Offline)
  #87 1/2/23 5:32 PM
^^still laughing ^^
3 Likes: Grocery Guy, Hustlin-Hoosier, TQ29m