IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum
Forgot Password?

Reply  Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Short to drive for MDM in FL
2/5/16, 10:58 AM   #1
Short to drive for MDM in FL
racefan1

Brady Short to drive for Michael Dutcher Motorsports at USAC opener

News Date: 2/4/2016 | Submitted: 2/4/2016

February 4, 2016
For Immediate Release

Michael Dutcher Motorsports has hired three-time King of Indiana Sprint Series champion Brady Short of Bedford, IN to drive the MDM car at the Winter Dirt Games during the USAC Amsoil National Sprint Car opener at Bubba Raceway Park on Feb 18-20.

Team owner and crew chief, Michael Dutcher, says the team is excited to get to race with Brady in Florida. “Brady Short is one of the top non-wing drivers in America. He’s a consistent winner. Him and I have had success together in the past and have won some big races.” Brady will fill in as the interim driver and will then return to his full time team after FL. The team is currently in negotiations with other drivers and potential sponsors so that the team can once again compete for the USAC Amsoil National Sprint Car Championship.

“We were fully prepared to return this season with Kevin Thomas, Jr and run the whole USAC schedule again. But at the end of December, Kevin informed me that he wanted to run the ARCA schedule in 2016 which left us scrambling to find a full time driver and primary sponsor for this season. It’s tough to find the funding that it takes to complete a full season. MDM has all the equipment necessary to win races and championships but it takes sponsorship dollars to keep these sprint car teams racing.”

“AJ Bray and I have worked together for four seasons. We’ve had a very successful stretch over that time. We’ve won over 40 sprint car races with Bryan Clauson, Kyle Larson, Jon Stanbrough and Kevin Thomas, Jr. Prior to starting MDM, we won a National Sprint Car Championship and National Non-wing Team of the Year with Bryan Clauson. We are proud of what we were able to do with KT. We had a lot of big wins and success. We wish him well in this next endeavor.”

Michael Dutcher Motorsports would like to thank these sponsors for their continued support.

Griffin’s Propane
Amsoil
Tri-Star Motorsports
Indiana Underground
Fisher Racing Engines
Doty Graphics
Maxim Racing
Indy Race Parts
Competition Suspension
Indy Metal Finishing
Jack Morrow
Stan Courtad Racing
Walt James Sprint Car Legacy
Hinchman
Kramer Motor Co
Weld Racing
Rue Stone
Southern New Mexico Speedway
MVT
Sun Valley Hardware
Pace Performance Coating
DND
All-Star Performance
Benic Enterprises
Hoosier
Wilwood
BMRS
Leader’s Edge
Chalk Stix
Simpson
Saldana
Schoenfeld

2/5/16, 3:33 PM   #2
Re: Short to drive for MDM in FL
Charles Nungester

Race Count This Year: 6
Race Count Last Year: 14

Go get em!

4 members like this post: DirtHawk92, dshort36, jim goerge, mc/rider
2/5/16, 9:07 PM   #3
DirtHawk92

Race Count This Year: 7
Race Count Last Year: 8

Nice... Elbows Up Brady!! Take it to em...

3 members like this post: jim goerge, mc/rider, SPD 37
2/6/16, 12:17 PM   #4
jim goerge

Kick a$$ Brady. Seems like that car always has a Gasser in it and now it has another one

3 members like this post: DirtHawk92, i love dirt track racing, SPD 37
2/6/16, 4:47 PM   #5
i love dirt track racing

Will brady short racing have any t-shirts available in the pits for the Ocala events. I have always wanted to get one of his shirts and would love to get one. Thanks.

1 member likes this post: jim goerge
2/6/16, 10:33 PM   #6
Al Pierce

Race Count This Year: 49
Race Count Last Year: 43

Hoping for some better weather when USAC gets here. I went to the All Stars event at Bubba last night and it was windy and COLD!!!!. Raining and chilly tonight and a rain out for Ocala. Weather guessers have some improvement for later in the month but bring your warm gear anyway. Good luck to Brady and the MDM crew. It will have to be better for him than last year.
Last edited by Al Pierce; 2/6/16 at 10:35 PM.

3 members like this post: DirtHawk92, i love dirt track racing, jim goerge
2/8/16, 3:49 PM   #7
dshort36

Quote:
Originally Posted by i love dirt track racing View Post
Will brady short racing have any t-shirts available in the pits for the Ocala events. I have always wanted to get one of his shirts and would love to get one. Thanks.
will do our best to bring some with us..

2 members like this post: i love dirt track racing, scottyCbus
2/8/16, 4:15 PM   #8
i love dirt track racing

Quote:
Originally Posted by dshort36 View Post
will do our best to bring some with us..
Thanks. If not that is ok. We will still stop over and say hello to you and your family. If you have a medium sized shirt I would definitely be interested in it.lol. thanks for all the great things that you guys do for us racing fans and good luck in Florida.

4 members like this post: Dirtfan, jim goerge, mlamb, SPD 37
Reply Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Short to drive for MDM in FL