IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum
Forgot Password?

Reply  Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Winged Dirt Sprint Car Health
4/15/19, 10:43 AM   #11
motorhead748

[QUOTE=Non wing lover;511713]Wing racing seems to be healthy. My concert is non wing racing. Why does a professional series like USAC get 29 cars at Bloomington then the next night get 33 at LPs for a regular show?[/QUOTE
It seems for whatever reason that whenever a track will offer an increased purse a number of NW cars will stay away. I seem to remember the L-burg promoter making a comment to that effect on another post a year or 2 ago.
I believe this is one reason for the success of the BOSS series. He has a good payout back thru the field but $1500 to win lets some cars feel the big names won't be there giving themselves a better chance.

2 members like this post: jim goerge, Will Shunk
4/15/19, 2:20 PM   #12
Re: Winged Dirt Sprint Car Health
davidm

Race Count This Year: 21
Race Count Last Year: 23

Non wing racing is growing here in the East. USAC Eastern Sprints starting there second season had 18 cars Saturday. Plus the Wingless Super Sportsman series is really taking off with car count in the mid 20's this year. Several guys running are running both divisions.

4/15/19, 3:15 PM   #13
Wayne Davis

Race Count This Year: 38
Race Count Last Year: 68

Quote:
Originally Posted by davidm View Post
Non wing racing is growing here in the East. USAC Eastern Sprints starting there second season had 18 cars Saturday. Plus the Wingless Super Sportsman series is really taking off with car count in the mid 20's this year. Several guys running are running both divisions.
Stop and add up how many "non" wing series has popped up in the last 4 years...I am a firm believer everything in time comes full circle.

We stated the Southeastern Sprint Car Series in Nov. 2018 had 26 cars...First race of 2019 after the 5th straight week of Florida Speedweeks we only had 8 but have average 20 the last 3 races...
..OPPS I am High Jacking "Dirt Is Best"...I will move this to it's own post

www.SouthernOutlawPromotions.com

4/15/19, 7:19 PM   #14
jim goerge

Quote:
Originally Posted by Non wing lover View Post
Wing racing seems to be healthy. My concert is non wing racing. Why does a professional series like USAC get 29 cars at Bloomington then the next night get 33 at LPs for a regular show?
Not all of those 33 were USAC teams. Lot of those teams dom"t have the funding to run USAC besides that was a regular LPS show which is usually a pretty good show. I can remember several big dollar races where I figured on bout 40 cars and wind up with low 20"s, I think some think they couldm"t run with the big dogs or maybe they like being the big fish in the pond
Last edited by jim goerge; 4/15/19 at 7:29 PM.

2 members like this post: i love dirt track racing, robert gatten
4/15/19, 8:54 PM   #15
Racer12

Just an FYI there are currently 35 Racesaver Sprints in the state of Indiana. And there are 2-3 people putting more together.

Bob

1 member likes this post: Bill May
4/15/19, 9:14 PM   #16
Non wing lover

David m is that USAC east series 410 sprints or 360?

1 member likes this post: jim goerge
4/15/19, 10:08 PM   #17
davidm

Race Count This Year: 21
Race Count Last Year: 23

Quote:
Originally Posted by Non wing lover View Post
David m is that USAC east series 410 sprints or 360?
They are 360. A number of guys who used to race with URC.

1 member likes this post: jim goerge
4/17/19, 11:17 AM   #18
jim goerge

Quote:
Originally Posted by cornerthree View Post
Knoxville looses money every week of there weekly show. If it wasn't for there 3 big specials they couldn't afford to stay open.
I have heard this years before this post. Takes a lot of money to have those napkin holders run as it does any kind of race car, I just wish tracks could afford to pay more though out the field and not just on top

1 member likes this post: Wayne Davis
4/17/19, 12:17 PM   #19
ossuks

Quote:
Originally Posted by tmac39 View Post
a lot of drivers and car owners don't like the taste of the USAC kool-aid
Kool Aid?

1 member likes this post: motorhead748
4/17/19, 1:47 PM   #20
LB

Its all about the all mighty dollar in Knoxville ,they have ran off people that have been there for 30 to 40 years plus ,who parked on the grounds went to every race every summer ,looked out for racers who needed some help either dollars or had broke down getting there or feed them ,,if you go there ,go drive around town and look at it,if it wasn't for that race track or the nationals it would be just another dead rural town,

3 members like this post: i love dirt track racing, interpreter66, jim goerge
Reply Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Winged Dirt Sprint Car Health