IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum
Forgot Password?

Reply  Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > I am no mathmetician
7/24/17, 8:49 PM   #1
I am no mathmetician
david mitchell
Banned

I went to brickyard sunday.very entertaining event.however, with the stage racing nascar told me that 80 is not half of the 160 lap distance.they said it was the end of stage two at 100 laps.maybe some one out there can explain this theory to me.if rain would have came after 80 laps would that not have been a complete race.maybe some of our members with eight or nine year degrees from an accredited institution can explain this.i can't sleep until this is solved,and after sunday i am needing sleep.🐈🐈🐈

1 member likes this post: Jalopiejoe
7/24/17, 8:52 PM   #2
Re: I am no mathmetician
sp6967

you just need to worry about the weather.

7/25/17, 8:34 AM   #3
david mitchell
Banned

True,i plan to get an iow t shirt at putnamville and have weatherman printed on it.that way all will know who to seek out for weather info for future races☔️☔️☔️☔️☔️☔️☔️☔️☔️☔️☔️

7/25/17, 8:37 AM   #4
davidm

Race Count This Year: 21
Race Count Last Year: 23

A word of advice, don't waste your time trying to figure out a NASCAR rule. They will only change it next week or next lap what ever suits their twisted agenda to put on what they think is racing.

6 members like this post: Bobby7j, dirtball, etripp, jdull99, superstock30, The Old Coyote
7/25/17, 4:44 PM   #5
brsteg

Race Count This Year: 8
Race Count Last Year: 43

No one said that stages were set up to be where the end of stage 2 was at the halfway mark of the race. What they did say is you have to get to the end of stage 2 to be an official race.

3 members like this post: BrentTFunk, Charles Nungester, jdull99
7/25/17, 5:32 PM   #6
B99

Quote:
Originally Posted by david mitchell View Post
I went to brickyard sunday.very entertaining event.however, with the stage racing nascar told me that 80 is not half of the 160 lap distance.they said it was the end of stage two at 100 laps.maybe some one out there can explain this theory to me.if rain would have came after 80 laps would that not have been a complete race.maybe some of our members with eight or nine year degrees from an accredited institution can explain this.i can't sleep until this is solved,and after sunday i am needing sleep.🐈🐈🐈
There's the understatement of the year.

So, Kevin Gregory, you're complaining because instead of only reaching lap 81, they had to get to 100, well over half, to make it an official race? Having to go LOOONGER to make it an official race in the event of weather, upset you?

7/25/17, 5:33 PM   #7
B99

Quote:
Originally Posted by brsteg View Post
No one said that stages were set up to be where the end of stage 2 was at the halfway mark of the race. What they did say is you have to get to the end of stage 2 to be an official race.
That was announced several times, on radio and on the PA I believe.

1 member likes this post: jdull99
7/25/17, 6:08 PM   #8
btg1963

Quote:
Originally Posted by B99 View Post
There's the understatement of the year.

So, Kevin Gregory, you're complaining because instead of only reaching lap 81, they had to get to 100, well over half, to make it an official race? Having to go LOOONGER to make it an official race in the event of weather, upset you?
Please don't insult Kevin Gregory.... he knows a little about what he is talking about!

7/25/17, 8:32 PM   #9
david mitchell
Banned

How is this again.any race is a set distance.half of that has to be a number of laps or miles.unless you are just making up crazy things as you go this has to be halfway.this number.nascar would not do this😉😉😉😉.i need mr. Spock.

Reply Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > I am no mathmetician