IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum
Forgot Password?

Reply  Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Lps
6/7/22, 8:40 AM   #11
Re: Lps
Lincoln Park Speedway

We obviously can tell "the littles", but close to ten is a lot more questionable with some kids big for their age and some just haven't hit that growth spurt yet. We have children that get in trouble with the adults they come with because the kid slips up and was honest about their age. Think about that, a kid in trouble for being honest. We have had teenagers try to be under free. By asking proof of age it is the best way for us to be fair.
Since 2009, Lincoln Park Speedway has had the under 10 policy. Our under 10 policy permits kids under ten in both the pits and the grandstand area. Proof of age is not limited to birth certificates. Report cards, insurance card ids, school ids, travel team ids, and other forms have been used. We have not had an issue this season, and when questioned we have been provided with the proof of age.
And as for kids at the track, on race nights we have a traditional game of touch football on the hill which has become a right of passage when you are finally old enough to join that game.
148 kids under the age of ten attended the events on June 4. Plus we feel we have a good attendance of those over ten as well. On average our 11 to 13 age group in the bike races has 25 to 35 participants. If your kids is close to ten, please bring a form of id for the free price.
Thank you for taking an interest in Lincoln Park Speedway and our policies. We look forward to seeing all of fans regardless of age this Thursday for Indiana Midget Week!

6/7/22, 3:39 PM   #12
Andrew S. Quinn

So 11 and older is full price?

1 member likes this post: tirespinner
6/7/22, 3:48 PM   #13
Chief Wahoo

Race Count This Year: 6
Race Count Last Year: 22

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andrew S. Quinn View Post
So 11 and older is full price?
That’s the way I read it. Wish it was at least 12-13, but I don’t own the track. With how expensive everything is currently, NOW would be the time to raise that age to 12-13 for free admission. Your going to lose family’s because they can’t afford to pay for a couple extra tickets.

Pit Gate opens 3pm
Pit Admission $35/10 & under free with proof of age
Main Gate opens 5pm
General Admission $20/10 & under with proof of age!
Hot Laps 6pm
Racing 7pm”

6/8/22, 1:34 AM   #14
jdull99

What about the increased expenses the track has to take in???

This is what it cost to see a movie...they charge kids...idk if they ID them tho...I don't have kids and have only been to maybe one movie since Ford vs Ferrari...

https://movietheaterprecios.mx/amc-ticket-prices/
Steel$ & Deal$ Swap Meet & Car Shows (next location; TBD...)

4 members like this post: Blackduce, Scott Daloisio, tirespinner, TNRustler
6/8/22, 7:36 AM   #15
Kendall2020

I can see people being upset about their ridiculous quad registration. However the only people mad about this are the ones trying to get 13,14 year olds in for free. Most of us with kids have done this exact thing. As hard as we try to get them in for free, LPS must try to contain it.

3 members like this post: jdull99, Scott Daloisio, tirespinner
6/8/22, 10:15 AM   #16
JMA1181

As much as everyone wants to complain about this extra registration, didn’t they just have 47 sprint cars the other week?

Do people expect their kids to eat free every time they go to dinner or a movie? Go to a sporting event elsewhere, are your kids getting in free? Why shouldn’t you have to pay for your child to watch another form of entertainment?

4 members like this post: jdull99, Milly, tirespinner, TQ29m
6/8/22, 11:42 AM   #17
Charles Nungester

Race Count This Year: 6
Race Count Last Year: 14

I can remember being a kid Mid to late 70s and it was something like 10 bucks adult 5 bucks for kids 2-12, 8 dollars for students, and the only made the students prove thier status. Yeah, I got a lot of looks as a 13-14yr old trying to skirt it. finally dad said two adults and a child. brother is three years younger. When it became three adults, we didn't go nearly as much until we started paying our own
Last edited by Charles Nungester; 6/8/22 at 12:07 PM.

2 members like this post: Hustlin-Hoosier, PIT CART
6/8/22, 12:29 PM   #18
JarrettFarms73

I have no problem with this. NFL/ NBA “free” entry ends at age 3 or lower and those prices are certainly more than any event at LPS.

The concern that 4+ member families might stop attending is valid but how much looking away is the owner/ promoter required to do?
I’m surrounded by parents that buy $300+ bats every year or at least every other year all while paying annual travel league expenses, sometimes for multiple sports for multiple kids. IMHO, if paying a nominal gate price a few time per year for racing entertainment is a detriment to their finances, there’s a deeper issue. Even if the kids aren’t involved in sports, how many have $$ smartphones, XBox’s and PlayStation’s with online gaming passes?

I do hate that inflation is how it is and there are some families that will have to decide. But i’d rather sit next to a person(s) that chose racing for their entertainment dollar over a person that may just be looking for the next opportunity to skirt the system to be entertained.

7 members like this post: BrentTFunk, erich45, oldfan49, PIT CART, tirespinner, TNRustler, TQ29m
Reply Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Lps