IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum
Forgot Password?

Reply  Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > To the guy at four crown
9/14/16, 9:46 AM   #1
To the guy at four crown
t_inmyface

There was a gentleman at four crown last year who was sitting up in the top corner of the bleachers in front of the concessions in turn 4. If you are on here you know who you are. You were cheering for the drivers as they were racing. A woman near by made a fool of herself telling you to be quiet and stop cheering so much. I was sitting in the area and heard it. At the time i should of said something to her but i never did. You said you dont get to see sprints very much where you live. Like i said if you are on here you know who you are. With that being said. Shoot me a message on here. I wanna buy you a t shirt this year at four crown for your troubles last year. We need race fans and seeing someone getting in to racing like you were puts a smile on my face! If i dont hear from you on here i will be sure and get you that t shirt if i see you this year! Keep cheering!

9/14/16, 3:15 PM   #2
Re: To the guy at four crown
4th turn fan

I too was there. This guy is from PA. I have visited with him the past few years. He really kept his cool in the midst of being cursed at for standing & cheering. We were on the top row so, the standing part was not a problem. Best thing about the whole situation was, she & her husband went to another section.

9/14/16, 3:20 PM   #3
DG97

I hope cheering is not a problem. I'm driving 7 hrs with 3 boys and they all cheer. And we will be in the 4th turn area.

9/14/16, 3:45 PM   #4
t_inmyface

I figured if he wasnt on here someone else would of been around for it. Sounds like there is a pretty good chance he will be there this year then huh. Hope to see him

Hey the more excited race fans the better!

9/14/16, 4:30 PM   #5
brsteg

Race Count This Year: 8
Race Count Last Year: 43

I like excited and enthusiastic I don't care much for drunk and loud.

9/14/16, 4:31 PM   #6
t_inmyface

This guy was definitely the first one!

1 member likes this post: racenut69
9/15/16, 7:42 AM   #7
Backitin

Got a bit loud did he ?
She would have hated Flemington Speedway where I grew up. Most everybody was standing and yelling either encouragement or boo's from hell.
I'd imagine he being a bit overwhelmed being in paradise. I love nonwinged sprints as much as anything. I literally think of only three things everyday: Sprintcars, Speedway and Whitetails. I haven't been to a nonwing race in over 30 years and when I get to Indiana they'll hear me in PA I'd imagine.
If you live near a real sprintcar track your so lucky, make some noise.
ps. we used to get to the track way early to get a top row seat so we never had to sit down.
Last edited by Backitin; 9/15/16 at 7:50 AM.

3 members like this post: ballmerjosh, Jerry Spencer, t_inmyface
9/15/16, 9:06 AM   #8
Nate

I had a similar experience with some "NASCAR fans" at the first truck race. People mad because we were cheering for the late models who ran as the support class. In my eyes that was the only real racing at the track that night and fans were mad. What a joke.

9/15/16, 11:43 AM   #9
revjimk

Quote:
Originally Posted by Backitin View Post
Got a bit loud did he ?
She would have hated Flemington Speedway where I grew up. Most everybody was standing and yelling either encouragement or boo's from hell.
I'd imagine he being a bit overwhelmed being in paradise. I love nonwinged sprints as much as anything. I literally think of only three things everyday: Sprintcars, Speedway and Whitetails. I haven't been to a nonwing race in over 30 years and when I get to Indiana they'll hear me in PA I'd imagine.
If you live near a real sprintcar track your so lucky, make some noise.
ps. we used to get to the track way early to get a top row seat so we never had to sit down.
" I haven't been to a nonwing race in over 30 years..." Whaa? USA has a great highway system...Get Yo Azz to Kokomo! I live in Colorado & see wingless at some point every year....

1 member likes this post: PIT CART
9/15/16, 12:30 PM   #10
Backitin

Quote:
Originally Posted by revjimk View Post
" I haven't been to a nonwing race in over 30 years..." Whaa? USA has a great highway system...Get Yo Azz to Kokomo! I live in Colorado & see wingless at some point every year....
Man I'd love to, first my own then my sons racing kept us busy since "94" and now I find it hard to travel very far.
Kokomo is on my list though. I was expecting to deliver a minisprint out that way and planned on attending a couple races. Due to life twisting the dude up that was buying the car I still have it and didn't come out.
Kokomo
Life is opening up a bit and we hope to be able to travel a bit shortly.
Ill be the short ugly dude in the top row, yelling like crazy.

3 members like this post: Jerry Spencer, racenut69, turn4
Reply Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > To the guy at four crown