IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum
Forgot Password?

Reply  Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > And I get home to find BACON won
10/5/20, 9:17 AM   #31
Re: And I get home to find BACON won
sw1911

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eatin Dirt View Post
Let's just all agree, the Burg needs a bunch of good dirt brought in to redo the surface of the track. For now it is what it is, you either go or you don't.
Nothing will change until the car owners threaten to boycott the track.

2 members like this post: jim goerge, treecitytornado
10/5/20, 10:54 AM   #32
Slider20

Most guys don’t want to put their motor through the gauntlet, which is Lawrenceburg. Let alone have to risk their lives dodging rocks every lap. For the record, I think the track produces great racing. It’s just hard on equipment, especially rock screens and body panels.
Last edited by Slider20; 10/5/20 at 11:03 AM.

1 member likes this post: jim goerge
10/5/20, 11:09 AM   #33
JarrettFarms73

Didn’t Windom and longtime USAC owner Jeffrey Walker get banned a few years ago for a tire issue at Bloomington?
I do think USAC is guilty of leaning toward their full timers in 50/50 situations but i also think that is very common across all motorsports. That said, USAC will certainly go against their own: They banned a recent former champion (Ballou). They called a ISW photo finish at GC for the local (S. Cottle over Leary). Multiple late for push off penalties.

2 members like this post: chrismattlin, jim goerge
10/6/20, 12:05 PM   #34
spankytoo

Race Count This Year: 22

Quote:
Originally Posted by opnwhlmnd View Post
Water weighs 8.34 pounds per gallon most small block Chevy engines with a standard size sprint car radiator hold 3 gallons. 8.34 x 3 = 25.02 pounds. If they are running coolant in the water it raises the liquid weight to around 9 pounds per gallon. If they are running an additive such as Water Wetter instead of coolant it doesn't change the 8.34 pound weight.

If they are using NOS Energy Drink as an additive I don't know the liquid weight change.

Facts get in the way of so many things.
I have never put 3 gallons in my car. 1 1/2 maybe 1 3/4 gallons, never 2!

3 members like this post: Dougherty20, snowdrift, spicoli
10/6/20, 11:21 PM   #35
tamati

I was at smackdown parked in turn four had a rock bigger than an egg, put a nice wop dent in the hood of my van.Lucky it didnt hit the windshield. Racing good luck.

2 members like this post: Charles Nungester, chrismattlin
10/8/20, 8:10 PM   #36
chrismattlin

Quote:
Originally Posted by tamati View Post
I was at smackdown parked in turn four had a rock bigger than an egg, put a nice wop dent in the hood of my van.Lucky it didnt hit the windshield. Racing good luck.
You're telling me there are tracks besides Lawrenceburg with rocks in them?!

This thread is a little ridiculous. I realize the issue with rocks is a safety issue and concerning, but people with nonconstructive criticism should have a little perspective:
1) Due to the speeds at The 'Burg, the velocity of any rock taking flight will be magnified.
2) The safety team is one of the most respected and highly qualified in the country.
3) The physical safety apparatus is top-notch: state-of-the-art catch fencing, a wall that's not crumbling, ect.
4) No one is ever waiting around "for the ambulance to return"- there are multiple.

People need to tone down the outrage, man. It's not doing anyone any good. If he hadn't been outraged out of IOW Town long ago, you guys could've interacted with Dave Rudisell right here. Hell, I've been here since it was called usacfans.com, and everyone I used to interact with there have been "outraged" out of here by now (or they're dead, R.I.P.), except Jerry Shaw and Danny Burton (bless their hearts).

I'm sorry to have to be the one to read the Riot Act, but everyone that comes here is fanatical enough over sprint car racing to be an advocate, so start acting the part! Lawrenceburg Speedway is a jewel in the crown of USAC racing. The racing is amazing. The facilites are amazing. The programs are efficient.

It is a destination-type venue for sprint car racing. It is my home track; and when I've visited Perris, or Manzanita, or The Chili Bowl, fans tell me they dream of visiting my track someday. And you debbie-downers ruin it for everyone.

Yes, the rocks are an issue, but let's go about it the right way: give the track a call or drop them an e-mail and express your concern; heck, get real proactive, next time you go, get a pit pass and get out there and help look for rocks yourself.

Peace and love to you all,
Chris

10/8/20, 9:03 PM   #37
Charles Nungester

Race Count This Year: 6
Race Count Last Year: 14

Quote:
Originally Posted by chrismattlin View Post
You're telling me there are tracks besides Lawrenceburg with rocks in them?!

This thread is a little ridiculous. I realize the issue with rocks is a safety issue and concerning, but people with nonconstructive criticism should have a little perspective:
1) Due to the speeds at The 'Burg, the velocity of any rock taking flight will be magnified.
2) The safety team is one of the most respected and highly qualified in the country.
3) The physical safety apparatus is top-notch: state-of-the-art catch fencing, a wall that's not crumbling, ect.
4) No one is ever waiting around "for the ambulance to return"- there are multiple.

People need to tone down the outrage, man. It's not doing anyone any good. If he hadn't been outraged out of IOW Town long ago, you guys could've interacted with Dave Rudisell right here. Hell, I've been here since it was called usacfans.com, and everyone I used to interact with there have been "outraged" out of here by now (or they're dead, R.I.P.), except Jerry Shaw and Danny Burton (bless their hearts).

I'm sorry to have to be the one to read the Riot Act, but everyone that comes here is fanatical enough over sprint car racing to be an advocate, so start acting the part! Lawrenceburg Speedway is a jewel in the crown of USAC racing. The racing is amazing. The facilites are amazing. The programs are efficient.

It is a destination-type venue for sprint car racing. It is my home track; and when I've visited Perris, or Manzanita, or The Chili Bowl, fans tell me they dream of visiting my track someday. And you debbie-downers ruin it for everyone.

Yes, the rocks are an issue, but let's go about it the right way: give the track a call or drop them an e-mail and express your concern; heck, get real proactive, next time you go, get a pit pass and get out there and help look for rocks yourself.

Peace and love to you all,
Chris
Well said Chris. It's petty that anyone can't go to a show and Enjoy it. No matter what anyone says, Courtney drove a hell of a race, it was neat to watch.

Like you, Most of the people I've met and still do at the track, quit posting here
Last edited by Charles Nungester; 10/8/20 at 9:25 PM.

2 members like this post: Barr, chrismattlin
Reply Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > And I get home to find BACON won