IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum
Forgot Password?

Reply  Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > The Burg April 26th....
4/23/14, 4:18 PM   #11
case3

Hope they have more cars than they have been having !

1 member likes this post: bullring fan
4/23/14, 5:32 PM   #12
Dave Rudisell
Inactive Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by case3 View Post
We always hope for more cars, but the ones we have had have been putting on a great show....the good part about lower car counts everyone makes the show and gets paid $225 or more. See ya Saturday!

2 members like this post: dirt330, Phylo82
4/23/14, 9:11 PM   #13
Re: The Burg April 26th....
Mud Packer

Race Count Last Year: 59

Quote:
Originally Posted by case3 View Post
I was at Lawrenceburg last Saturday night and was a little concerned with only 15 sprints on hand. However, the feature was great as they put on quite a show for the folks in attendance. It just goes to show that quality will out shine quantity.

So far the only track that I have seen great numbers for was at Gas City last Friday night. Otherwise they have all been a little short on cars. Let's hope that this economy gets better or we might all be in trouble. Disposable income right now is almost non existent.

Be nice to people on the way up. You might need them on the way down. Jimmy Durante

3 members like this post: dirt330, jim goerge, Phylo82
4/23/14, 10:43 PM   #14
Phylo82

I'm surprised there are not more cars out there with as inexpensive and easy it is to run a race team....and yes, that is sarcasm.
#13e Maxim Sprint
Owner, Crew Chief, Pit Crew, Hauler, Check Writer, Grunt

2 members like this post: Charles Nungester, Mud Packer
4/23/14, 10:44 PM   #15
johnnythunderhead
Banned

Lawrenceburg had lots more cars on a weekly average than any other track in Indiana last year and I'm certain they will this year too/ chas. nungester posted the numbers a few months ago and I'm thinking they averaged either 27 or 37 cars per night last year? and besides, I-84 will be open this week and ole thunderhead will be back with the magic magnet, which should help draw in a few more cars!
Last edited by johnnythunderhead; 4/23/14 at 10:49 PM.

4/23/14, 11:19 PM   #16
treecitytornado

That was last year when rainouts played a big factor. This season is back to a more normal deal so far, like 2012.

4/24/14, 2:07 AM   #17
Charles Nungester

Race Count This Year: 6
Race Count Last Year: 14

Rainouts did play a big factor with some of the larger count shows, That is true, However the only time I thought there'd be more cars than there actually was was the Gaines Memorial

There are several factors going on, But number one I most likely as the Packer of Mud says. Most guys can run maybe once a weekend. I know several of them that are lucky to get out once or twice a month. Several are trying to get through the season with one motor and have scheduled out 20 or so races they intend to race.

Also however is there are a couple more teams every week that are getting ready but also sometimes a couple cars out for repairs or replacement. When Ted Hines took that ride at the opener, I knew without saying it would be several weeks before he'd be able to get a car back out.

I did point out it was the highest average last year in Indiana but there was a track in Ohio pulling more than any Indiana track and i said then that its both a good and bad thing, More racers racing. But lets face it. Many weeks there are as many as six tracks vying for the same pool of cars Add a USAC, MSCS, BOSS race and now also Atomic running wings. The Choices are many and considering it cost most teams without replacement cost over 500 to get too and on the track. Every team is going to take a hard look at "How far we got to haul, how much we're going to wear out etc" Really, Just think about it, Couple hundred to tow to track, Couple hundred in fuel for car. If your lucky you'll not lose at least one tire in a night. That loud pedal is very $$$ to press.

Im never upset with 15-20 cars but however it is also nice to see at least three full heats and a full feature Anyway as I said, Its usually great racing especially in the features and I've seen time and again low budget teams come from deep to top three.

Im a little more concerned with other classes like the Mods. Seems there are about ten tracks every saturday night running them.

Might have thrown hissys before about Mini Sprints but having them a few times a year is also a feeder in getting guys started and possibly finding the track to be the place they want to race when and if they move up. As i said before. A racer is a racer, If they're successful in one class, They are often competitive at the next level. They all start somewhere.

Mike said it above, The Economy isn't exactly peachy, The cost of everything grocery's, fuel, bills isn't going down and in many cases doubled in the last few years.

Guys want to run some laps, If their competitive at all, You'll make the show. Come to the Burg, We appreciate it always and its always a good show.

See you Saturday

5 members like this post: dirt330, johnnythunderhead, Mud Packer, Phylo82, PJ Wright
4/24/14, 8:17 AM   #18
johnnythunderhead
Banned

maybe its time to cut back on the huge trailers and semi tractors and put the $$$ into the race car instead of the hauler, then eh?

2 members like this post: robert gatten, treecitytornado
4/24/14, 8:57 AM   #19
jts machine shop

pissin and moaning??? the track has been PERFECT the last 2 races why would anybody ask for anything different?

2 members like this post: Charles Nungester, Mud Packer
4/24/14, 9:22 AM   #20
davidm

Race Count This Year: 21
Race Count Last Year: 23

I'd trade 15 non winged sprints for 28 with wings just about any Saturday night.

5 members like this post: DWX 9929, jim goerge, Ricks Pics, robert gatten, Tony74
Reply Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > The Burg April 26th....