IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum
Forgot Password?

Reply  Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Bloomington speedway to run 305 racesaver sprints in 2015
10/8/14, 7:49 PM   #211
Re: Bloomington speedway to run 305 racesaver sprints in 201
sp6967

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dalton Dietrich View Post
Aside from you're god awful grammar, and ignorant comments, you're Username "dirt in ur beer" signifies to me that you are nothing but a keyboard racer. Why do you think racetracks and sanctioning bodies ask opinions of car owners and drivers, rather than fans in the stands? Because your GA ticket, doesn't give validity to your opinion, aside from what you might enjoy watching. Change is never a bad thing, if done the correct way.
if your a ticket buyer you should state your opinion.

10/8/14, 8:15 PM   #212
RacerX14

Just got a good 305 7900 with all good parts kn out Tex ship to door. Not junk. Ready to race. I give 20,000 410 thin spent 8500 rebuild.

2 members like this post: DaveP63, KKinser99
10/8/14, 8:51 PM   #213
dirt in ur beer
Banned

Race Count This Year: 41
Race Count Last Year: 28

Mr Dietrich , I apologize for my poor grammar. Thanks for pointing it out though. You shouldn't base ur opinions on user names.
1. I don't even drink. AT ALL.
2. I've spent the last 25 yrs rolling around under late models and modifieds because I love working on race cars. And we have NO sprint cars in our area.
3. I have sponsored races at our local track.
4. I have sponsored modifieds, late models, and sprint cars. One year I even sponsored a world of outlaws car.
5. I spent this summer chasing sprint cars because they r my passion . (40 races in 5 states) pretty dam GD considering the girlfriend works most Friday nights.
6. I am currently considering sponsoring a nonwing car which would b out of state with slim to no chance of any return on my money. ( pretty much describes sponsoring any race car)
Does this still qualify me as a "keyboard racer".
Sorry if you're sarcasm challenged and didn't understand the intent of my post .
Last edited by dirt in ur beer; 10/8/14 at 8:53 PM.

8 members like this post: akracer48, Bill May, ByronMack, DAD, kart31rac, mc/rider, oljonesy, Tom23
10/9/14, 10:43 AM   #214
DAD

Quote:
Originally Posted by dirt in ur beer View Post
Mr Dietrich , I apologize for my poor grammar. Thanks for pointing it out though. You shouldn't base ur opinions on user names.
1. I don't even drink. AT ALL.
2. I've spent the last 25 yrs rolling around under late models and modifieds because I love working on race cars. And we have NO sprint cars in our area.
3. I have sponsored races at our local track.
4. I have sponsored modifieds, late models, and sprint cars. One year I even sponsored a world of outlaws car.
5. I spent this summer chasing sprint cars because they r my passion . (40 races in 5 states) pretty dam GD considering the girlfriend works most Friday nights.
6. I am currently considering sponsoring a nonwing car which would b out of state with slim to no chance of any return on my money. ( pretty much describes sponsoring any race car)
Does this still qualify me as a "keyboard racer".
Sorry if you're sarcasm challenged and didn't understand the intent of my post .
Dirt

Like I said,>>>>I like your style.

It is a known fact that in order for one to run a profitable business one should allocate 10% of one's gross towards advertising, That is unless one is advertising on a race car, then small deviations are accepted.

Don't stop doing what you are doing, one never knows when that advertising dollar will pay big rewards. Advertising is what keeps race cars racing, and track gates open.

Were you being "Sarcastic" I didn't notice? If you have any advertising dollars left we have a cute little 1000cc Midget that could use some>> Maybe 305 Sprint we lost our major sponsor, they took the next step beyond that "Small Fortune" that they made from racing.

Bill

I think at 30,000 hits we pretty well wear out the IOW Population. I would like to do a survey on respondents to the 305 poll that would include the Political Persuasion of the respondents, I think it would be very interesting and revealing.

I guess No body want's to take me up on my novel Idea on Handicapping race cars taken right from "Karl's Playbook".

Honest Dad himself
Last edited by DAD; 10/9/14 at 10:58 AM.

10/10/14, 9:35 AM   #215
HurstBros0

Is there a count of participants yet? The Poll page got off course with a WOO at Paragon race... I went to a rain out Paragon WOO race in about 81 or 82...

10/13/14, 11:25 PM   #216
Bill May

Dad, Looks like your prediction/guess was on target, after 21 days the hits went to 30k+, no post for 3-4 days now, apparently, the audience has tapped out.

Bill May

10/14/14, 6:50 AM   #217
old timer

Well it is a fact they are going to run them,It's a fact that they will not be cheap.

1 member likes this post: Racer12
10/14/14, 9:35 AM   #218
HurstBros0

This is just a suggestion... Since horsepower is made with the cam , heads and compression, keep the tech focused in that area. Pump the cubic inches, have a compression gauge to measure static compression and have a dial indicator to check valve lift. All this other " send to a guy to certify " business is going to discourage would be racers who want to build instead of buy their engines.

2 members like this post: DAD, kart31rac
10/14/14, 7:51 PM   #219
Dalton Dietrich

Race Count This Year: 55

I apologize for any "accusations" dirt in ur beer. I commend you for supporting the sport we all love. Besides the fact that I made the mistake of judging a book by it's cover, I politely and respectfully disagree with your initial statement. Perhaps my method was a little harsh, but doing a bit of research on your part could have informed you of what the 305 series really entails.

Again, I apologize.

10/14/14, 8:44 PM   #220
dirt in ur beer
Banned

Race Count This Year: 41
Race Count Last Year: 28

Apology accepted.

Reply Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Bloomington speedway to run 305 racesaver sprints in 2015