IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum
Forgot Password?

Reply  Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Indy Quaifications
5/19/19, 4:43 AM   #1
Indy Quaifications
EBookerFan

I was not in favor of the format when it was announced, After attending yesterday, it was outstanding. Some teams attempted 3, 4, 5 maybe more to get into the fast 30. Qualifying lasted for 6 hours 50 minutes. What a show!
The highlights included Pippa with Marshall-Clauson entry, the 3 Carpenter cars competing with the Penske car . and Fred not making the fast 30.
Too bad so few of us got to enjoy this show. It was over so that you could enjoy an evening of open wheel programs near Indianapolis.
See you there next year.
Last edited by EBookerFan; 5/19/19 at 4:46 AM.

5/19/19, 8:42 AM   #2
Re: Indy Quaifications
jjones752

Race Count This Year: 19
Race Count Last Year: 22

I also thought yesterday was outstanding. I didn't know what to expect after everybody got through the line once but it continued to be non-stop action right up to the gun.
Unfortunately the weather's looking sketchy today, which may put a damper (sorry) on things. As far as today's format goes, if I ran the show I'd give the 31-36 cars three tries to get in; I understand the one-and-done "shootout" concept for the Fast Nine but seems like the bumping procedure could use a little more drama. Just a minor gripe though, personally I think this is the best format they've come up with to date.
Oh, and congrats to CMR for being locked into the show!
Midwest Thunder Speed2 Midget #97

3 members like this post: chrismattlin, EBookerFan, tirespinner
5/19/19, 8:56 AM   #3
Quantrill

Coverage on NBC gold has been excellent.

4 members like this post: chrismattlin, EBookerFan, tirespinner, wright59
5/20/19, 10:40 AM   #4
Re: Indy Quaifications
jjones752

Race Count This Year: 19
Race Count Last Year: 22

Didn't go to the track yesterday because I didn't feel like sitting through the rain delay, especially with no guarantee that any official runs would occur, but when it was quickly decided to try to get it all in I sat in my house and listened as the cars went out on track (yes, I'm that close) while following Timing & Scoring and listening to the radio stream. The delay was a little weird; first I'd hear a car on track, then it would register on T&S, and the radio feed was about a lap behind. That being said, and in spite of my earlier comment that the last row shootout would be more exciting if they were given 3 runs each, it turned out to be plenty entertaining. The sense of urgency due to the narrow window made up for any drama that may have been generated by giving the last six any additional attempts. And it was a good thing they decided to run the Fast Nine immediately after the last row; within an hour after Spencer's run it was a complete deluge.
Midwest Thunder Speed2 Midget #97

2 members like this post: jdull99, PJ Wright
Reply Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Indy Quaifications