IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum
Forgot Password?

Reply  Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Lburg, sprint week
7/22/19, 4:31 PM   #21
Re: Lburg, sprint week
Sandy Lowe

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rob11 View Post
On the road by 10. It made our gamble a good one. As has been mentioned, it was a great job by the decision makers to get it in before the rain. Did the Mods get to run their feature?
The sprint feature checkered at 9:42 and after a brief rain delay and running the track in we rolled out the modifieds at 10:10. They helped finish working the track in, we went green at 10:15 and checkered at 10:36.

KC Burdette won the KOI Auto Parts UMP Modified feature over David Webb, Cory Skipton, David Spille, and Matt Hamilton.

7/22/19, 4:54 PM   #22
Sandy Lowe

Quote:
Originally Posted by nodramazone20 View Post
Heat Races take way too long to line up and run. Push off, run a lap, then get in line and go green...Again, wasting time you did not have last night.
SPRINT HOT LAP 1
7:02 pm first sprint pushed off
7:04 pm green flag
7:06 pm last car took checkers

SPRINT HOT LAP 2
7:07 pm first sprint pushed off
7:10 pm green flag
7:11 pm last car took checkers

SPRINT HOT LAP 3
7:13 pm first sprint pushed off
7:15 pm green flag
7:17 pm last car took checkers

SPRINT QUALIFYING
7:19 pm first car took green
7:49 pm last car took checkers

MODIFIED HOT LAP 1
7:51 pm modifieds rolled onto the track
7:53 pm green flag
7:54 pm last car took checkers

MODIFIED HOT LAP 2
7:54 pm modifieds rolled onto the track
7:55 pm green flag
7:56 pm last car took checkers

MODIFIED HOT LAP 3
7:57 pm modifieds rolled onto the track
7:58 pm green flag
7:59 pm last car took checkers

QUICK TIME INTERVIEW WITH LEARY

OPENING CEREMONIES
8:01 pm start
8:04 pm end

SPRINT HEAT 1
8:08 pm first sprint pushed off
8:11 pm green flag
8:14 pm last car took checkers

SPRINT HEAT 2
8: 16 pm first sprint pushed off
8:18 pm green flag
8:22 pm last car took checkers

SPRINT HEAT 3
8:24 pm first sprint pushed off
8:25 pm green flag
8:29 pm last car took checkers

SPRINT HEAT 4
8:30 pm first sprint pushed off
8:32 pm green flag
8:35 pm last car took checkers

MODIFIED HEAT 1
8:37 pm modifieds rolled onto the track
8:38 pm green flag
8:44 pm last car took checkers

MODIFIED HEAT 2
8:45 pm modifieds rolled onto the track
8:47 pm green flag
8:49 pm last car took checkers

SPRINT SEMI FEATURE
8:51 pm first sprint pushed off
8:54 pm green flag
8:57 pm last car took checkers

MODIFIED HEAT 3
8:59 pm modifieds rolled onto the track
9:01 pm green flag
9:06 pm last car took checkers

SPRINT FEATURE
9:08 pm roll sprint cars onto the track
9:14 pm first sprint pushed off
9:19 pm green flag
9:42 pm last car took checkers

RAIN

MODIFIED FEATURE
10:10 pm modified rolled onto the track to help run in
10:15 pm green flag
10:36 pm last car took checkers

I'm not sure there were many places last night (other than the rain delay) where you could have run the program much quicker. Great job by USAC, track officials, competitors, push trucks, etc. for hustling last night to beat the rain.
Last edited by Sandy Lowe; 7/22/19 at 5:05 PM.

7/22/19, 4:59 PM   #23
Charles Nungester

Race Count This Year: 6
Race Count Last Year: 14

I wouldn't have changed a thing but the weather.
I know everyone see's thing their own way and that's ok.

The track wasn't rough, There's a dip going into three. It was heavy and ripping the lip after the track widened out never slowed enough to make the bottom competitive.

Car count, There's about five cars destroyed before tonight, Boespflug out Hazen Out a couple others, Ballou with a bad wing (Pardon the pun)

The track does have something to do with it and I don't think it has anything to do with how well guys can race, There's been low budget teams beatng Andretti and other bigger teams that show from time to time for the last two years.

ITS QUALIFYING At least ten of them cars have a hammer motor, new rears and some say why bother if the best I could ever start is outside the top ten. It is what it is. The guys up front have a ton of laps at the Burg, That being said, to become the best, you gotta run with the best and if you get good at the burg and Terre Haute, You'll be good anywhere.

Had a great time, Thanks going to see if i can make one of the remaining races.

The Mod race is on the FLORacing replay

3 members like this post: duel, Kydehart, tamati
7/22/19, 6:24 PM   #24
PIT CART

Glad I went, I think the track did everything they could to get the show in. I can't believe they offer free water and electricity to the campers.

7/22/19, 7:28 PM   #25
captrat

Quote:
Agreed, well done by those involved getting the race in....A few observations:

The jumping of the starts at the NOS can needs to be fixed. I think at least 2 of the 4 heats had to restart, and that takes extra time in a situation they did not have time. Penalize the one who jumped without a warning and this will take care of that.

Heat Races take way too long to line up and run. Push off, run a lap, then get in line and go green...Again, wasting time you did not have last night.

The running of the B between Mod heats was outstanding and should be done more often..IMO

The point is this, show should have been over 15 - 20 min earlier if these 'little things" can get cleaned up.

All and all, very good show
Come on man, what do you want? A 24 second shot clock!

4 members like this post: BrentTFunk, dirt330, erich45, tirespinner
7/22/19, 8:25 PM   #26
BrentTFunk

Quote:
Agreed, well done by those involved getting the race in....A few observations:

The jumping of the starts at the NOS can needs to be fixed. I think at least 2 of the 4 heats had to restart, and that takes extra time in a situation they did not have time. Penalize the one who jumped without a warning and this will take care of that.

The running of the B between Mod heats was outstanding and should be done more often..IMO

The point is this, show should have been over 15 - 20 min earlier if these 'little things" can get cleaned up.

All and all, very good show
I thought it was a very efficient show. Are you sure you didn't mean all drama zone?

4 members like this post: dirt330, Dirtfan, duel, tirespinner
7/23/19, 12:45 AM   #27
on_the_edge

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charles Nungester View Post
I wouldn't have changed a thing but the weather.
I know everyone see's thing their own way and that's ok.

The track wasn't rough, There's a dip going into three. It was heavy and ripping the lip after the track widened out never slowed enough to make the bottom competitive.

Car count, There's about five cars destroyed before tonight, Boespflug out Hazen Out a couple others, Ballou with a bad wing (Pardon the pun)

The track does have something to do with it and I don't think it has anything to do with how well guys can race, There's been low budget teams beatng Andretti and other bigger teams that show from time to time for the last two years.

ITS QUALIFYING At least ten of them cars have a hammer motor, new rears and some say why bother if the best I could ever start is outside the top ten. It is what it is. The guys up front have a ton of laps at the Burg, That being said, to become the best, you gotta run with the best and if you get good at the burg and Terre Haute, You'll be good anywhere.

Had a great time, Thanks going to see if i can make one of the remaining races.

The Mod race is on the FLORacing replay
I don't wanna be negative Nancy but that track last night was best suited for a Motocross race. Roughest I have seen it in awhile, holes and craters all over it, the cars were bouncing almost at every part of the track. Not that it was a bad race but to say it wasn't rough must mean you were watching a race somewhere else.

1 member likes this post: tirespinner
7/23/19, 1:32 AM   #28
Kydehart

Quote:
Originally Posted by on_the_edge View Post
I don't wanna be negative Nancy but that track last night was best suited for a Motocross race. Roughest I have seen it in awhile, holes and craters all over it, the cars were bouncing almost at every part of the track. Not that it was a bad race but to say it wasn't rough must mean you were watching a race somewhere else.
Honestly wasn’t that rough. It’s been way rougher than that. Really. It was wet and top dominant on the cushion all night which made passing hard. You might call it rough for a wing track maybe. But traditional cars have to be able to work through some bumps. Really efficient show though. They’ll get no complaints from me.

4 members like this post: BrentTFunk, captrat, chrismattlin, LUCKYONE
7/23/19, 2:12 AM   #29
reeserx

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charles Nungester View Post
kudos for moving the show along, there was rain around all night, A front I figured would hit about 9. Well 945 the checker dropped and the rain came.

Honest, one of the worst races I ever seen. Grant and windom were gone, really never got too close to each other after the first half. Good battle over third for Leary, Short, KTj, Bacon.

BUT I SEEN A RACE that I wasn't sure was going to happen, good crowd, good time.

Glad everyone is safe, hope everyone gets where they're going safe.
After I had some time to think and rewatch the race a bit, this is honestly just a question for debate, not trying to stir anything up or cause fights, there were a few laps that Windom had a chance to throw a 3 story slide job on grant and he didn’t do it. Do you think if he didn’t have that mishap with bacon where he chopped him pretty good to win at Kokomo, he would of thrown a few haymakers sliders at grant? I mean grants car was hooked up and they wouldn’t of likely stuck but just food for thought

7/23/19, 2:20 AM   #30
hoosierboy3

The incident with Bacon definitely isn’t the first one for Windom so I doubt that’s what stopped him

Reply Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Lburg, sprint week