IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum
Forgot Password?

Reply  Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Dave Darland
9/22/13, 1:13 PM   #11
Re: Dave Darland
dirtnonwingfan

Race Count This Year: 6

Congratulations both to Dave and to Steve and Carla Phillips for what was obviously an excellent back-up #71P. Great job by all!

4 members like this post: backstretchdave, racegal, racing2bwithu2, racing4aman
9/22/13, 1:32 PM   #12
Andrew S. Quinn

I would say that Chuck is pointing out that Dave passed a lot of cars last night.

5 members like this post: Charles Nungester, Geoff Kaiser, racegal, racing4aman, Ty
9/22/13, 1:35 PM   #13
TQ29m

[quote=Midget 89;352715]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Charles Nungester View Post
No, He didn't come from 24 to third. He came from 17TH in the B main to Third in the Main having to start the Main at the rear due to a car with no time.

Charles: I'm confused, also. Not sure where you have me wrong. There were 18 cars in the Semi, according to USAC Twitter, and he started last due to going to his backup. He finished 2nd. USAC Twitter says he started 24th in the main, last, except for a 25th car that was added. He clearly finished 3rd.

"Being old, isn't half as much fun, as getting there"! Ole Robert I!

1 member likes this post: racegal
9/22/13, 1:41 PM   #14
Sprintcarfanatic

People are just not into the facts !!!!! This kind of stuff they know -> Did ya hear that one broad & Odom may split up. OMG. YES THIS IS MEANT TO BE FUNNY & YOU ARE ALOUD TO LAUGH.

9/22/13, 2:18 PM   #15
Charles Nungester

Race Count This Year: 6
Race Count Last Year: 14

All I meant was he didn't just drive from the tail of the A to 3rd. He drove from the tail of the B just to make the tail of the A. Then drove the wheels off to get third.

If they'd of started the car that broke in heat in the B. He'd not only have started toward the front of the B but started 7th in the A if he transferred.

9/22/13, 2:22 PM   #16
Jerry Shaw

From the time Dave Darland rolled out onto the track in that backup car and took the green in the B Main, he was just a force of nature. He was an early aggressor in the semi, snatching positions quickly. In the feature, be bided his time early and then just went on a rampage in the second half of that race. He had to battle Stanbrough for a few laps for I think 4th place and then just grabbed that position away with an aggressive, perfectly executed slider and then set sail for Clauson. It was the move of the race, IMO. The second best move of the race was diving low to take 3rd away from BC in turns 3 and 4, coming down to the checkered flag.

There's been a lot of things that have made 2013 a real tough season. Especially losing some of the people we have, from Josh Burton, to Morty, to Jason Lefler. And Mother Nature dominated the first half of the year. Some day, when we look back on 2013, I think one of the real highlights of this season will be the run that this great driver and the "little team that could" made for the USAC title. Win or lose.

Jerry

Winston Churchill
Last edited by Jerry Shaw; 9/25/13 at 8:56 PM.

9/22/13, 3:37 PM   #17
Midget 89

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andrew S. Quinn View Post
I would say that Chuck is pointing out that Dave passed a lot of cars last night.
Which was my point, exactly.

3 members like this post: Charles Nungester, LUCKYONE, racegal
9/22/13, 10:30 PM   #18
ronmil

Race Count Last Year: 48

Had a very enjoyable evening! The crowd seemed to be much larger than last years and there was great racing in all the divisions. We enjoyed the racing from our patio seats, which, to me, is one of the greatest improvements that Tony Stewart has made to the facility. Even though Dave Darland didn't win any of the features, I would certainly consider him a winner. He could have given up a bunch of points if not for the tremendous drive he made in a backup car with no practice laps. He kept us on the edge of our seats as he sliced through the traffic. One of the greatest drives I've seen at the The Big E.

5 members like this post: BrentTFunk, Jerry Spencer, LUCKYONE, racegal, speed bump
9/23/13, 9:33 AM   #19
JEFFSTOY

I was there and i think DD actually won the 4 crown nationals

5 members like this post: Jerry Spencer, LUCKYONE, racegal, ronmil, ShamrockRacin'48G
9/23/13, 5:36 PM   #20
racing4aman

Race Count This Year: 2
Race Count Last Year: 6

the only thing I can say it was a great race and im glad that I got to be there to watch it ... and glad everyone was ok in the wrecks ... yes. Dave did put on a wonderful show that night .... way to go .... and would like to thank my wonderful brother Lloyd and Gail for taking me along with them .. we got to see five covered bridges before the race... what a wonderful night ... love you bro and gail...

5 members like this post: Charles Nungester, gail s, racegal, racing2bwithu2, ronmil
Reply Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Dave Darland