IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum
Forgot Password?

Reply  Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > AMSA Race at KC Sept 24th Cancelled
9/2/11, 2:39 PM   #21
Re: AMSA Race at KC Sept 24th Cancelled
somebodysmam

I am wondering where you are getting your information.
can't help the rain outs and nobody would give raindates.
KC had a contract that they didn't honor by canceling the last race.
Waynesfield don't want to pay the purse and why should they when other people for a lot less.
when you go to a track and bad mouth the other club and promise to run for so much less you make the call.
also nobody want to be weighted ,check motors etc.Understand Waynesfied doesn't weigh because certain people ***** about it beging wrong, I can relate to that, Same ones week after week after week.How many motors have been unsealed worked on and put the seal back on and never been caught.
It doesn't bother tracks to charge $30 @ to get in the pits and only want to pay $1000,$1200 or $1500 purse.If you pay under the table to get the races makes you look good.Ok you can tell me I don't know what i'm talking about but boys look around and watch your backs money talks.

---------- Post added at 02:39 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:30 PM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by slide22 View Post
Salem is a 5 hour drive from Southern Ohio, and back when they used to get 30-40 cars a night they still didn't pay nothing to win.

AMSA isn't the World of Outlaws. If you want races be a PROMOTER and PROMOTE your series and go get races, not sit around and wait for people and instant message them on facebook to get races.
You need to get out there and get the tracks if you think it's so easy.I would like to have the money AMSA has spent on phone calls ,gas and meals trying to woo tracts

9/2/11, 2:41 PM   #22
Phylo82

I realize I may be in the minority, and maybe it's my Quarter Midget background.....but I don't go to the track ever expecting to win any money. If we can get out of there with nothing being broken I consider it a successful night.

If we have a good finish and leave with a couple hundred bucks I am pretty happy. I am much more interested in the style of track (is it good for mini sprints), the condition of the track and how well the show is run then I am about prize money.
#13e Maxim Sprint
Owner, Crew Chief, Pit Crew, Hauler, Check Writer, Grunt

1 member likes this post: Xflagman
9/2/11, 2:47 PM   #23
WRP

Quote:
Originally Posted by somebodysmam View Post
I am wondering where you are getting your information.
can't help the rain outs and nobody would give raindates.
KC had a contract that they didn't honor by canceling the last race.
Waynesfield don't want to pay the purse and why should they when other people for a lot less.
when you go to a track and bad mouth the other club and promise to run for so much less you make the call.
also nobody want to be weighted ,check motors etc.Understand Waynesfied doesn't weigh because certain people ***** about it beging wrong, I can relate to that, Same ones week after week after week.How many motors have been unsealed worked on and put the seal back on and never been caught.
It doesn't bother tracks to charge $30 @ to get in the pits and only want to pay $1000,$1200 or $1500 purse.If you pay under the table to get the races makes you look good.Ok you can tell me I don't know what i'm talking about but boys look around and watch your backs money talks.
Not sure where you get your information about WRP's scales but we weigh every class that has a weight rule. Our scales were bought brand new for the 2011 season and are accurate. I readily admit our Mini Sprint tech is not what it could and should be. That's another area we look forward to improving upon in 2012.

Our weekly pit pass is $25. We only had one show that deviated from that.

As far as our purse goes, if you hadn't noticed, every class at WRP saw a cut in purse for 2011. Our weekly purse for the Mini Sprints in 2011 is $1755, plus tow money for every car that takes a competition lap. We had to cut the purses to ensure that the track could operate and at least break even. With a year under our belts, and some experience to build upon, we hope to improve that area for everyone. It is my goal in the off season to beat down the doors of every sponsor I can to ensure that we can not only run a weekly show, but that we can run a weekly show that pays the racers in all classes well.

2 members like this post: Phylo82, slide22
9/2/11, 2:49 PM   #24
slide22

Quote:
Originally Posted by WRP View Post
Not sure where you get your information about WRP's scales but we weigh every class that has a weight rule. Our scales were bought brand new for the 2011 season and are accurate. I readily admit our Mini Sprint tech is not what it could and should be. That's another area we look forward to improving upon in 2012.

As far as our purse goes, if you hadn't noticed, every class at WRP saw a cut in purse for 2011. Our weekly purse for the Mini Sprints in 2011 is $1755, plus tow money for every car that takes a competition lap. We had to cut the purses to ensure that the track could operate and at least break even. With a year under our belts, and some experience to build upon, we hope to improve that area for everyone. It is my goal in the off season to beat down the doors of every sponsor I can to ensure that we can not only run a weekly show, but that we can run a weekly show that pays the racers in all classes well.
Other than the winner, Waynesfield generally pays the same or better than AMSA.

9/2/11, 2:53 PM   #25
racer22r

correct they are not the world of outlaws so there for AMSA does have to be agressive in getting races scheduled but when people gripe and complain about lawrenceburg who im sure would have gave AMSA more dates, should AMSA go with the tracks that people want to complain about or try to wait a little on the tracks that people like to run, the racers that show up to the tracks make the race happen if people complain about a place than it makes it a little less appelling for a promotter to want to schedule there. 7 races AMSA had scheduled this year got rained out so it isnt like they didnt have any races on the schedule. Moler and KC both had stuff going on outside of the races and im sure that made scheduling races with different groups a little difficult. so that really only leaves waynesfield and lawrenceburg and a lot of people complain about the burg so damned if you do and damned if you dont. The only thing to really do is venture on in to indiana and then you'll have people complaining about driving so far to race. Whos to say that if we had got the first race in at KC earlier in the year that after that they come and say that they are going to drop AMSA from the schedule from that point forward. So it doesnt matter how many races you schedule something can always come up like rain or race tracks dropping you from the schedule, it's part of racing and this has been a bad luck year for AMSA as far as rain and cancellations. Look at MMSA at the begging of the year there schedule had a lot of TBA's on it and some of those fell through but you dont see people on here bashing the MMSA and saying they're not gonna be around next year. Both series will be around next year im sure of it and if you dont like AMSA take your car to indiana and race over there every weekend but if you like AMSA stick around for the winter and let them promote and see what happens for next year and then make up your mind on who you want to run with, it's that simple.

9/2/11, 5:59 PM   #26
somebodysmam

Quote:
Originally Posted by WRP View Post

I was only discissing mini sprints

9/2/11, 9:07 PM   #27
suzuki756

i wish we could get more races amsa and mmsa has done a good job but i wish they would try work with each other for just a few races next year maybe one at the burg and one at one of there tracks it would be cool to have 30/40 cars yes 20 or so will go home but thats racing.sponsor money is hard to find unless we get our gov.to sponsor us they seem to have lots of cash to hand out,i dont know what mmsa is trying but jerry is trying i have not raced with mmsa for a few years but i will because DAD said i could come i am going to try dad at the funfest race maybe. the burg has been good to mini sprints, waynesfield also,i hope we get some races at moler and kc is a blast to race i hate kc shut us out so quick maybe they could of offered something else mabe if you get 20 cars you get this or something i think they would of had 25 or so cars this race,
lets all call congress they will help us i bet!,,,,,,,
hell they will buy us a track if we hire people with out green cards!,

9/2/11, 10:30 PM   #28
garry47

Instead of sitting here and complaining and saying the way things should be done, why don't you all go promote? Just an idea...
These tracks and sanctioning bodies are trying to get us more races, but threads like this one dont help.
Last edited by garry47; 9/2/11 at 10:33 PM.

9/3/11, 1:06 AM   #29
Mulvaney

Quote:
Originally Posted by garry47 View Post
Instead of sitting here and complaining and saying the way things should be done, why don't you all go promote? Just an idea...
These tracks and sanctioning bodies are trying to get us more races, but threads like this one dont help.
good post garry,

i am trying to get a race out of charlestown ind podium 1 (brand new 1/5 track) i finally found the contact info and gave it to bill may, and emailed her myself as a racer trying to give her a little help in deciding to give us a chance. this is supposed to be "one of the finest facilities around" battle of the blugrass pulling series says.

Reply Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > AMSA Race at KC Sept 24th Cancelled