Quote:
Originally Posted by hubie View Post
i only write to him to tell him that he sucks

6/2/10, 12:18 PM   #22
Re: Wind tunnel
apexonephoto

Race Count This Year: 8
Race Count Last Year: 35

What I think all of the haters can't see is past their own backyard/racetrack.

There is countless dirt late models, who get no coverage. Even more IMCA/Wissota/UMP Modifieds who get no coverage.

The Northeast has a ton of DIRT Modifieds, be it big blocks, 358's and sportsman who get no coverage. New York state has 27 dirt tracks.

Should it be more diversified? I definitely think it should be. Non-wing sprints populate Indiana where there is 19 dirt tracks. Modifieds populate Iowa where there is 38 dirt tracks.

Sure we all like non wing racing on here, but what about modified and late model people who simply say:"sprint cars! flips, red flags, push offs, the show takes forever!! I'd never watch them race".

I do think the Indy 500 weekend should be about all the great races in Indiana, but with NASCAR, IRL and even drag racing there isn't much room left.
Last edited by apexonephoto; 7/25/10 at 3:14 PM.

6/2/10, 9:15 PM   #23
Jonr

I think you guys are being a little harsh. I remember phone interviews with Steve Kinser. I remember Robin Miller working the Chilli Bowl asking the USAC drivers if they can make a living driving open wheel cars. I remember interview with Tim McCready. I remember an interview with Shane Hmiel. I remember a visit to a local dirt track. Every "racing jewel" gets a mention on the show. Belleville, knoxville, The Dream, IMCA super nationals.

Does it get the consistent coverage that we want? No. However, it is better than nothing.

For all of you guys that think Dave is a Nasacar puppet, you need to watch more closely. He enjoys making fun of the series and the callers. He is just very sly and witty when he does it.

2 members like this post: v8j
7/25/10, 3:17 PM   #24
apexonephoto

Thought I'd breathe some life into this dead horse of a post...

Hey "NASCAR driver Brad Sweet" is going to be on Wind Tunnel tonight July 24th.

From his twitter feed:
BradSweet49: Watching the bickyard 400! Going to be on wind tunnel tonight make sure you tune in! (about 1 hour ago from UberTwitter)

I would assume he fat fingered it and meant the Brickyard, not the bickyard.
Last edited by apexonephoto; 7/25/10 at 3:18 PM.

2 members like this post: AustinSprinter
7/25/10, 9:40 PM   #25
apexonephoto

It's on right now.

7/25/10, 10:26 PM   #26
lovindirt

/Sure we all like non wing racing on here, but what about modified and late model people who simply say:"sprint cars! flips, red flags, push offs, the show takes forever!! I'd never watch them race"/

I saw a Mod. race at Liberty, they had probably 6 or 7 cautions, and the sprints followed. Caution free; so you get the best of both worlds.
I thought that mod. race was never going to end.
Last edited by lovindirt; 7/25/10 at 10:28 PM.

7/25/10, 10:48 PM   #27
apexonephoto

Quote:
Originally Posted by lovindirt View Post
I saw a Mod. race at Liberty, they had probably 6 or 7 cautions, and the sprints followed. Caution free; so you get the best of both worlds.
I thought that mod. race was never going to end.
I wasn't trying to say there isn't cautions in mods or late models. I have always called that race the "perpetual Modified B-main that never ends". My original post was simply stating that the majority of the country doesn't get to see non wing sprints, and many die hard non sprint dirt fans turn there noses to it.

7/25/10, 10:56 PM   #28
STIDA.com

Race Count This Year: 9

You will not find more of a "motor head" than Dave Despain...even though his roots are from the 2 wheel variety...

Let me ask this. What other show on any network shows more coverage of Sprint Car Racing than the Speed Report or Wind Tunnel?

3 members like this post: Bobv, Charles Nungester
7/25/10, 11:30 PM   #29
garry47

Quote:
Originally Posted by STIDA.com View Post
You will not find more of a "motor head" than Dave Despain...even though his roots are from the 2 wheel variety...

Let me ask this. What other show on any network shows more coverage of Sprint Car Racing than the Speed Report or Wind Tunnel?
couldnt have said it better. i'm an all around race fan, i love nascar, f1, sprints, midgets, etc. so i dont mind seeing the highlights of nascar races, i would like to see more highlights from open wheel stuff but hey like STIDA said, no one else shows highlights of them so its good to atleast see some coverage of them

7/25/10, 11:31 PM   #30
lovindirt

Quote:
Originally Posted by apexonephoto View Post
I wasn't trying to say there isn't cautions in mods or late models. I have always called that race the "perpetual Modified B-main that never ends". My original post was simply stating that the majority of the country doesn't get to see non wing sprints, and many die hard non sprint dirt fans turn there noses to it.
Apexonephoto understand and I understand that not all are sprint fans just like my wife. but i sure enjoyed it when the mods. had all those problems that night, i could of been wrong it might of been late models but same i got to rub it in the wifes face that night.
JMO AND JMO only SPRINTS RULE ALL OTHERS DROOL!

Reply Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Wind tunnel