IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum

Register! Forgot Password?
grumpy racer (Offline)
  #11 12/31/21 8:53 AM
It would appear that with the conflicting dates of midgets and pavement Silver Crown cars there’s only a couple guy’s that this will affect, who run all 2-3 divisions in USAC for points. Grant, Leary since he’s running Pavement Crown Cars now, Thorson, Seavey, Axsom are ones that I can think of, if they stick to their usual deals. It will be interesting to see if any dates conflict with MSCS, their schedule is not out yet.
revjimk (Offline)
  #12 12/31/21 12:13 PM
Yea, looks like more of an "attack" on POWRI than on USAC...
2 Likes: opnwhlmnd, tirespinner
dsc1600 (Offline)
  #13 12/31/21 1:02 PM
Pure speculation on my part, but if the endgame is WRG taking over USAC in a friendly merger, it makes sense for them to largely leave USAC alone in their territory and try to expand non-winged racing into other areas where USAC doesn't have a foothold, largely places where POWRi has operated. That way, when and if a merger took place, you'd have Indiana, California and now Missouri, Oklahoma etc.. where you may have grown your customer base.
2 Likes: bighd0522, tirespinner
kdobson (Offline)
  #14 12/31/21 1:05 PM
I think when you see the POWRi schedules of their different series the cooperation between the two will be pretty apparent.
8 Likes: ISF, Jerry Shaw, Ken Bonnema, luckybuc97, mc/rider, racenut69, sw1911, tirespinner
jdull99 (Offline)
  #15 12/31/21 1:10 PM
Originally Posted by kdobson:
I think when you see the POWRi schedules of their different series the cooperation between the two will be pretty apparent.
I hope so. Thank-you for posting this...otherwise it doesn't look good...

BUT powri shoulda beat them to releasing a sched...at least a preliminary one...

Either way, I hope to be at a couple of the USAC races in Wi!

Jason Dull
815 494 6002
jdull99@hotmail.com
Steel$ & Deal$ Swap Meet & Car Shows (next location; TBD...)
NOSTINKINWINGS (Offline)
  #16 12/31/21 1:11 PM
AND THIS

https://xtremeoutlawseries.com/nonwi...shane-cockrum/
3 Likes: luckybuc97, racenut69, Sprintfanatic
racenut69 (Offline)
  #17 12/31/21 1:27 PM
Ready for Jacksonville races...Thanks K Dobson!

There is always room for one more in the corner! I'm disguised as a responsible adult!...
Michael Carter....
6 Likes: addictedtodirt, ISF, Ken Bonnema, PIT CART, sw1911, tirespinner
nathans1012 (Online)
  #18 12/31/21 3:59 PM
Amati Racing Seeking Xtreme Sprint Title with Shane Cockrum

https://xtremeoutlawseries.com/nonwi...cYEYjeDlKm-kac

2024 Season: Race 1 - April 20th Brownstown (Crate LM). Unlike many I don't discriminate on what racing I choose to watch.
3 Likes: Ken Bonnema, luckybuc97, tirespinner
openwheelfan1 (Online)
  #19 12/31/21 5:10 PM
Just saw the POWRi schedule on FB and the 4/8-9 events, the 6/10-11 events, the 6/24-25 events and 9/9-10 events on the Xtreme schedule will be co-sanctions with POWRi. So only 4 of the Xtreme Outlaw sprint car series races will be stand alone events. 2 at Volusia and 2 at Atomic.
4 Likes: ISF, jdull99, Ken Bonnema, tirespinner
Charles Nungester (Offline)
  #20 12/31/21 5:16 PM
Originally Posted by openwheelfan1:
Just saw the POWRi schedule on FB and the 4/8-9 events, the 6/10-11 events, the 6/24-25 events and 9/9-10 events on the Xtreme schedule will be co-sanctions with POWRi. So only 4 of the Xtreme Outlaw sprint car series races will be stand alone events. 2 at Volusia and 2 at Atomic.

And USAC's in town for Vollusia and BOSS/USAC/Anybody due to date available for Atomic

Charles Nungester