IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum

Register! Forgot Password?
curbservice (Offline)
  #1 8/2/15 8:14 AM
First off thanks to Joe for what you done last night my family and I support the track every week. Now for the unpleasant part of this post, whomever is the bartender you over servered quite a few people last night as a bartender its your job to recognize when somebody has had to much to drink and cut the off, that the whole reason for the state law about bringing in alcohol to a place that sells alcohol. I don't go to the race track to deal with drunken rude ass inconsiderate people. I go there because it's a good family outing, think about this those people you over served had to get home some how what if they hit somebody you know on the way home and hurt or killed them. Now for the rest of my rant. I am asking Joe to make the main grandstands and grass area on the front stretch completely smoke free in 2016. I am an ex-smoker and last night was surrounded by the most inconsiderate smokers ever, we brought friends that have never been to the track and they left before the heat were over because of all the smoking, I doubt we get them to come back. If you're a smoker I get it I used to be one too, but in this day and age people have much less tolerance for it and I understand why now please be mindful of those around you, if you want a smoke get up and go somewhere else or go to the parking lot.
3 Likes: DirtHawk92, ryan84, TQ97
cope42 (Offline)
  #2 8/2/15 9:41 AM
newracefan123 (Offline)
  #3 8/2/15 9:47 AM
There is a section for no alcohol as for smoke turn four was side by side people everywhere with twice as many people that smoke then a normal race let's all remember this was free general admission ever heard of 'you get what you pay for'
4 Likes: dctracy79, fish, Flatrightrear, mowerman
curbservice (Offline)
  #4 8/2/15 10:18 AM
I think you've missed the point last night was about generating new fans for a slowly dieing sport. I brought a family who doesn't attend the races they drove from Terre Haute they left early because of all the smokers around us do you really think that I can get them to come back and pay 26 dollars when they got in for free last night my gut says no. Tell me any major sporting event held on a weekly basis that allows smoking? High school foot ball, high school basketball, Colts games, Pacers games, Indy Fuel games, what about Indy Eleven games? Like I said I am an ex- smoker I understand both sides better than any body If you tell people they need to go to the parking lot to smoke they will probably ***** but they will still come.
Charles Nungester (Offline)
  #5 8/2/15 10:26 AM
Florence Speedway has half their front stretch non smoking no alcohol. Works pretty good. I don't say ban it. but make areas smoke free,

As for the bartender comment, don't you think its rather the people who would have spent 15 on admission bought a case instead and got smashed before and in-between? Been my experience anywhere that most of the smashed aren't buying 4 dollar beers to do it.

Sad to hear bad things coming from what should have been a great thing. Maybe a half price or two for one night would have been a better option. But I still bet a ton had a good time.

Thanks for trying LPS.

Charles Nungester
4 Likes: DirtHawk92, jim goerge, luckybuc97, mowerman
4J Motorsports (Offline)
  #6 8/2/15 12:06 PM
I applaud LPS , was AWESOME to see the stands full, in all my years of racing I've never seen anyone offer free admission !! That in its self was huge , then as usual awesome fire works . And dry slick or not it was good racing , several cars came from the back to the top five . It was a great night. Thanks Joe and Everyone involved for the huge effort . Thanks to all the fans for coming , we need you to make this happen . And a huge thanks to anyone who brought new fans !! Maybe some are fans for life ....
20 Likes: Bill Angel, bpa94, Charles Nungester, Copperhead, davidm, dirt330, DirtHawk92, fish, gastown, jim goerge, luckybuc97, lukesmith, Mattmac05, Morin Racing 98, mowerman, Panama, ROSS, scottyCbus, t_inmyface, WinglessLovers
dirt330 (Offline)
  #7 8/2/15 12:21 PM
Thanks LPS for a job well done. Nothing negative from the group I took. What do people expect ? Its a dirt track, smokers have always been a problem with some fans. I do believe they had a idea the smokers and drinkers would be in attendance. That was the largest crowd I have seen anywhere at a Indiana dirt track since the haydays of the Hoosier 100 in the 1960's . Fireworks and racing were fun and entertaining . I doubt anyone in attendance last night would offer FREE work or services for their business. LPS don't let the negitives ruin a wonderful night where I'am sure you gained some new fans. Thanks again.
14 Likes: bpa94, Charles Nungester, davidm, DirtHawk92, fish, jim goerge, jwl, luckybuc97, lukesmith, mowerman, ROSS, scottyCbus, Wallsracing, WinglessLovers
jim goerge (Offline)
  #8 8/2/15 1:06 PM
I think what LPS did with a FREE night was great I would have been there too, but with Haubstadt running MSCS and PowerI midget I'd been a idiot to drive 150 miles in place of 8 ( be nice now lol ) But LPS is not the first to do this as Haubstadt did the free night back late 70's or early 80's. A hour and a half before hot laps it was standing room only.
jim goerge (Offline)
  #9 8/2/15 1:13 PM
hey a add on to my above post Great tracks do great things
ronmil (Offline)
  #10 8/2/15 1:13 PM
Speaking of smoking, it is not allowed in the grandstands at IMS. My son-in-law was told he had to go downstairs to smoke. The yellow shirts were enforcing the policy. Only problem with the policy is they need to display a sign which states it. I believe Eldora also enforces a no smoking policy.

Ron Miller