IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum
Forgot Password?

Reply  Indiana Open Wheel > Midget Classifieds > Midget torque tube ball stuck?
8/16/19, 4:45 PM   #1
Midget torque tube ball stuck?
Lemire

Hey guys it’s me again with the Subaru midget we been running the car and couldn’t get it hook up coming out the corners. We found out that our torque tube ball was bent and was binding up. I ordered a new ball and it’s free and spins now. Has anyone experienced this before and how bad do you think this affected the car on the track?

8/16/19, 8:50 PM   #2
Re: Midget torque tube ball stuck?
Ken Bonnema

BIG difference. Did you check to see if your driveline is straight? Also, are your birdcages timed and your ladder free? Good luck with this. Please tell Floyd Busby, Jimmy Montgomery and Bob Roza hi for me. BCRA FOREVER!!!!

8/17/19, 6:06 PM   #3
jeffc5227

The information above is spot on. Yes if the ball is locked up it is going to be handful happened to me once on a 1/2 mile with a 6 foot concrete wall all around on the top I almost ate the wall off the corner after about half way through the feature every lap. Good catch follow the advice above a race car that isn’t square is awful to drive.
Last edited by jeffc5227; 8/17/19 at 6:07 PM.

Reply Indiana Open Wheel > Midget Classifieds > Midget torque tube ball stuck?