IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum
Forgot Password?

Reply  Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Page Jones story
8/19/11, 5:28 PM   #1
Page Jones story
Thyfault925

Not sure if this video has been posted on here before, but I came across it while I was on vimeo.com today. It's a really inspiring story!! See the link...

8/19/11, 5:42 PM   #2
Re: Page Jones story
Eric C

That is absolutely beautiful, an awsome story, I have a picture of Page in the restaurant with my Dad handing him the winners trophy in victory lane at IRP back in the day.

Thanks for posting

Eric Cottongim

8/20/11, 10:56 AM   #3
pitcrewmom

Don't just view the video, go to www.site.godspeedpj.com and donate to help them make this into a full length documentary.

Page was my favorite driver during the magical time when he, Tony Stewart, Kenny Irwin, and Mike Bliss(just to name a few) ruled the tracks in Indiana. My favorite memory was when Page and Tony got into a silly-string duel after a race at IRP. I was also at Eldora when Page was injured. So happy to see how far he has come and the wonderful family he now has. Truly inspiring!

8/20/11, 1:44 PM   #4
John P Huss

Page was recently inducted in the Belleville Hall Of Fame during
the Midget Nationals. Parnelli was there to accept for Fred
Offenhauser. Page was a incredible talent in his racing days.
Best Regards,
John

8/24/11, 9:28 PM   #5
racetrackin

I got to know Page back when he was running midgets at Belleville, but the induction ceremony in Belleville was the first time I'd seen him since the crash...also the first time I got to meet Parnelli. Man, talk about a moving experience. What he and the whole family have been through and accomplished is one of the most inspirational things I've ever experienced.
Here's a pic of them at the ceremony and another later out at the track.

Also, Page's story of how he met his wife Jamie, and who told him how it would happen, is simply amazing.
Attached Images
DSC_7433 (2).JPG (71.5 KB, 80 views)
DSC_9669 (2).JPG (86.4 KB, 82 views)

8/24/11, 11:57 PM   #6
johnnythunderhead

quite inspiring/ i witnessed the accident at eldora and i'm happy to see that page has made such an amazing recovery

Reply Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Page Jones story