IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum
Forgot Password?

Reply  Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > THAT article from TH Newspaper
9/15/10, 12:16 PM   #1
THAT article from TH Newspaper
Dirtfan

Race Count This Year: 51
Race Count Last Year: 57

http://tribstar.com/autoracing/x1561...positive-night

"Today is a Gift, Tomorrow is not Promised"

5 members like this post: cowboyhar69, dirtnonwingfan, jim goerge, mowerman, Mud Packer
9/15/10, 12:25 PM   #2
Re: THAT article from TH Newspaper
terrehautian

Quote:
“We’ll proably partnership with Bob [Sargent] if we do a contract. We haven’t done a contract with the [Wabah Valley] Fairgound. That’s in the middle of negoations right now.”
This is what worries me, I heard the Fair Board is trying to jack up the rent on both track (drag strip and THAT). My hope is that one day the Action Track goes back to it glory days with the stands full and the infield full (with hardly any room to stand) with 60 plus cars and support classes.

9/15/10, 12:59 PM   #3
racefan20

The article said that this was the end of the season at the Action track. Is the Sumar still on or not?

“To whom little is not enough, nothing is enough.” Epicurus

9/15/10, 1:17 PM   #4
terrehautian

Yes, the Sumar race is still on. The article mentions this.

Quote:
He will be back to prep the Action Track for the Oct. 9 SUMAR Classic for USAC then host a two-day special at Kokomo on Oct. 15-16.
Last edited by terrehautian; 9/15/10 at 1:18 PM.

9/15/10, 1:32 PM   #5
BrentTFunk

Quote:
Originally Posted by terrehautian View Post
This is what worries me, I heard the Fair Board is trying to jack up the rent on both track (drag strip and THAT). My hope is that one day the Action Track goes back to it glory days with the stands full and the infield full (with hardly any room to stand) with 60 plus cars and support classes.
I hope the fair board is reasonable, but that concerns me also. I also think it is doubtful you will see 60 plus cars on a half mile very soon, and I for one think single division shows work best there.

1 member likes this post: cowboyhar69
9/15/10, 2:00 PM   #6
cowboyhar69

John,

I thought the same thing too when I first read the article...it sounded like the whole season was done. The bad thing about the way it was worded is that there will be a lot of people who think the season is over. I don't remember anything being said Saturday night about the Silver Crown race...or was I BSing too much and drinking too much beer?

Tim Wolffrum aka Cowboy

9/15/10, 2:11 PM   #7
Dyno Don

Quote:
I remember that back in the day when they had 60 cars, they had no support series. They also ran on Sunday afternoon and the stands were more than full.

I remember one day(I think 1992) when they had a threat of rain that they qualied 60 cars in less than an hour.
The race was over 2 hours later as rain began to fall as the checkered fell. Oh the good old days.

I really believe that people that want to see the Sprinters do not want to see support series and they stay away

9/15/10, 2:14 PM   #8
SHORTBUS

Race Count This Year: 35
Race Count Last Year: 61

Quote:
Originally Posted by cowboyhar69 View Post
john,

i thought the same thing too when i first read the article...it sounded like the whole season was done. The bad thing about the way it was worded is that there will be a lot of people who think the season is over. I don't remember anything being said saturday night about the silver crown race...or was i bsing too much and drinking too much beer?

Tim wolffrum aka cowboy
all the above

9/15/10, 2:58 PM   #9
racefan20

Quote:
Originally Posted by cowboyhar69 View Post
John,

I thought the same thing too when I first read the article...it sounded like the whole season was done. The bad thing about the way it was worded is that there will be a lot of people who think the season is over. I don't remember anything being said Saturday night about the Silver Crown race...or was I BSing too much and drinking too much beer?

Tim Wolffrum aka Cowboy
I didnt hear it either Tim...course I was probably BSing too.

---------- Post added at 03:00 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:58 PM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by SHORTBUS View Post
all the above
ahem :2: at least i stuck around Saturday Bill. Did you enjoy the 12 hours of Putnamville?

“To whom little is not enough, nothing is enough.” Epicurus

9/15/10, 4:56 PM   #10
ronmil

Race Count Last Year: 48

Quote:
Terre Haute had no support classes in it's glory days. I used to watch USAC sprints on a Sunday afternoon at Terre Haute or Salem and have plenyt of time to drive to Haubstadt for their program.

Reply Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > THAT article from TH Newspaper