IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum
Forgot Password?

Reply  Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Salem must see event may 8
4/28/10, 9:28 PM   #1
Salem must see event may 8
Pavement Dave

There is rumored to be several cars coming to the Salem Must See Racing Xtreme Sprint Series event May 8 including: Dave Steele, Troy DeCaire, Bo Hartley, Blaze Martin, and Dude Teate. If these rumors hold true this could be one of the biggest pavement sprint car events we have seen in this area outside of the Little 500 in decades. Must See, HOSS, TBARA, USCS, AVBBSS, and USAC will be represented in this event as drivers from each of these series will be on hand. This could be like an ALL STAR event and I hope fans realize this isnt an everyday occurance and make plans to attend. I will not miss this show for anything!!!!!

4/28/10, 9:54 PM   #2
Re: Salem must see event may 8
Z-man

I've been kinda keeping an eye on this series web site,(http://www.mustseeracing.com/) do you know what TV coverage they are talking about? Would like to know if I will be able to catch any of the races on DirectTV.

4/28/10, 10:02 PM   #3
sprinter25

Quote:
Originally Posted by Z-man View Post
I've been kinda keeping an eye on this series web site,(http://www.mustseeracing.com/) do you know what TV coverage they are talking about? Would like to know if I will be able to catch any of the races on DirectTV.
From the article that I read in "Sprint car and Midget". the shows will be taped and formatted to fit a time block(like the ASCS shows have been). It's my understanding that they'll be shown on Comcast/Comcast Sportsnet - but I haven't been able to find a schedule, either. I'm guessing that you'll need to keep checking the schedule after the race is held.

But after looking at the site, and seeing that they're paying $600 to start the feature, I'm guessing/hoping that most major pavement players will be there......

1 member likes this post: Z-man
4/28/10, 10:28 PM   #4
racephoto1

I saw Wilson and Eden run a few laps before the ARCA race down there, and it looks interesting, but I find the Hut Hundred a whole lot more interesting.

4/28/10, 10:31 PM   #5
racefan20

Their races are on Hometown Sports on Comcast in Indy

“To whom little is not enough, nothing is enough.” Epicurus

4/28/10, 10:40 PM   #6
arctic monkey21

Last year the Must See Racing events were broadcast on Home Town Sports at least in the Indianapolis area. Not sure if they will be broadcast on that channel again this year or not.

4/29/10, 8:07 AM   #7
mod4s

i heard geoff kaiser will be there in new colors. is this true?

4/29/10, 8:53 AM   #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by racephoto1 View Post
I saw Wilson and Eden run a few laps before the ARCA race down there, and it looks interesting, but I find the Hut Hundred a whole lot more interesting.
Is there even a garuntee that race will even happen? I herd over the winter that must see was doing some filming for one of the side companys that supply speed channel with there on the edge stuff. That was from a totally different series promoter. He was telling me about how they were moving up in the world.

1 thought, the drivers listed Steele, Teate, DeClair are all little 500 vets. Hopefully that will mean they will be there for both races in late may!

4/29/10, 9:21 AM   #9
Geoff Kaiser

Here you go
Last edited by Geoff Kaiser; 9/28/15 at 10:08 AM.

1 member likes this post: sprinter25
4/29/10, 10:59 AM   #10
short track scott

The Must See Racing Xtreme Sprint Series race is the next step in racing the wing cars on pavement. Series owner Jim Hanks has put over a year of effort into creating this series, and has concentrated on attracting premier talent to race in it. I'm not going to list a ton of names and then get flamed when one of them doesn't sign in at Salem...

The tv package is going to be taped and post produced for block coverage (the way it needs to be). Dave Argabright, Tom Bigelow and Rick Benjamin (formerly of TNN's ASA and a variety of other motorsports coverage-and host of Sirius' sat radio's Trading Paint) will be involved with it. Air times and dates will be available in the usual places, on the website, fb, twitter and announced at the track when that is possible.

Go to www.mustseeracing.com and check it out.
Posted via Mobile Device

Reply Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Salem must see event may 8