IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum
Forgot Password?

Reply  Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Moving to Indy! What area should I move to?
3/11/10, 9:07 PM   #1
Moving to Indy! What area should I move to?
steve004

I may be relocating from MI to Indy. Shucks right lol. The relocation is painless since I will finally be in sprint car country. Guys please help me out. What is the area I should be looking for? East?West? What? Im excited about it now. Bloomington, THAT, the newer LPS, of course Kokomo and Gas City. Instead of driving 4 hours to the mile and then the lil 5!!! Any tips on good neighborhoods would be appreciated. Thank you, Steve

3/11/10, 9:18 PM   #2
Re: Moving to Indy! What area should I move to?
racerdog45

Carmel, Fishers, Fortville to the north, Greenfield to the east, plainfield to west and greenwood on the southside are all good, I would say depends on how much you have to spend and where you will be working, if money is no object then check out Geist, you can pick up something nice on the lake for a few mil....lol Brownsburg is good also, close into town check out Speedway, not too bad an area and I think there's a track within walking distance that holds a somewhat famous open wheel race every may......Clemont is IRP and not far out, also avon etc. seriously, lots of decent places around/in Indy

3/11/10, 9:23 PM   #3
Mud Packer

Race Count Last Year: 59

A lot will depend on what exactly you want in a house? The higher end of Indianapolis will be Carmel, Fishers, Noblesville, Westfield, Zionsville and Greenwood area. These will be the more expensive places to live, taxes, home prices, cost of living, etc. If you are concerned about schools you will definately want to look into these areas since they also contain some of the better school corporations.

Some of the areas out of the city would include Plainfield, Greenfield, New Palestine, Mooresville, Avon, Brownsburg, Lebanon, Shelbyville; all of which would offer a little longer commute to the downtown area. Also depends on where you will be working? If that isn't an issue, any and all of the above would be great places to live. Plenty of homes for sale in the area so it should be a buyers market. Good luck and welcome to the land of Hoosiers.

Be nice to people on the way up. You might need them on the way down. Jimmy Durante

3/11/10, 9:25 PM   #4
SUPERDUKE
Banned

Clermont brownsburg pittsboro!

3/11/10, 9:32 PM   #5
suziekh

Being a Realtor I can help you to either find you a place to rent or buy. The westside of Indy has always been the racer's side of town. My regular email is shodges@callcarpenter if I can help you in any way.
Posted via Mobile Device

1 member likes this post: SUPERDUKE
3/11/10, 9:55 PM   #6
arctic monkey21

Its really going to depend on where you're working and what you can afford. Traffic is something else you might want to think about too. The area where 69 and 465 meet can be a real nightmare.
Last edited by arctic monkey21; 3/11/10 at 9:58 PM.

3/11/10, 10:06 PM   #7
RGardner

Nightmare! Haha you haven't lived in CA!!!
Posted via Mobile Device

3 members like this post: Ken Bonnema, mowerman, spankytoo
3/11/10, 10:32 PM   #8
PAW

Buy a DUMP,SPEND,MONEY,RACIN..........

1 member likes this post: cmakin
3/11/10, 10:39 PM   #9
Danny Burton

Columbus, the All-American city. Besides, D. Foist and I can always use a good chauffeur.

Quiet, numbskulls. I'm broadcasting.

3/11/10, 10:40 PM   #10
cmakin

Quote:
Originally Posted by RGardner View Post
Nightmare! Haha you haven't lived in CA!!!
Posted via Mobile Device
Or Houston

Reply Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Moving to Indy! What area should I move to?