11/7/16, 1:12 AM   #11
Re: Sprints/super mods
Puppy

Well said as always Tom!

11/7/16, 2:14 PM   #12
JBRACING

Hi Tom
Thanks for the reply. I will pass this on to Dave DeHem as he is in charge of the new Midwest Non-Winged Sprints series. My original post is about a challenge series to race Super Modifieds and Sprint cars together. I'm very happy with the positive replies I'm receiving from both sides. Yesterday at the Michigan Motors sports Hall of Fame induction ceremony I talked to drivers and car owners who are on board and excited to help make this happen.
Thanks again
John

11/7/16, 4:16 PM   #13
staggerman

Where is Don Wilshe? He should be all over this!

1 member likes this post: BrentTFunk
11/7/16, 8:50 PM   #14

John,

I am aware of Dave DeHem. He was the gentleman I was speaking of. When I presented this idea to him, he was polite, but told me his “business plan” did not allow for multiple tire brands.

My suggestion above is for any series that is just starting up and looking for car count. The BOSS series is probably the hottest thing going in the sprint car world. And after running with them this summer, I realized their “business plan” is “if it looks like a sprint car and smells like a sprint car, it is a sprint car, come run with us.” A lot of series owners could follow their lead.

Tom Paterson

4 members like this post: davidm, Puppy, sprintracer82, Tony74
11/8/16, 10:22 AM   #15
John Sr

Tom,
Never been charged by American Racer for mounting tires.
No sure if Wayne Bishop would charge you $5.00 to remount your tires or not (cant speak for him).
If $20.00 to remount your tires is your hang up I'm sure that something can be worked out.
Dave DeHem owner of Midwest Non-Wing Sprint Car Series is picking up where MTS left off with Joey Irwin's blessing!!
Only difference is tires and the payout (More Money)
American Racer Tires were chosen because American Racer will:
Bring the Tires to the track at a reasonable price.
Mount the tires they sell you,NO CHARGE.
No Business can be all things to all people and at the end of the day racers can either afford to race sprint cars or they can't (Decision every team needs to make).
If AR tires do not work for you then that is what it is and totally understandable.
For the rest of us that want to see Non-Winged Sprint Car Racing in the Mid-West go forward then my personal opinion is to not talk down an effort before it even get started.

Best of Luck to you and your team in 2017.
John Turnbull Sr.
Last edited by John Sr; 11/8/16 at 10:30 AM.

2 members like this post: PIT CART, tirespinner
Reply Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Sprints/super mods