IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum
Forgot Password?

Reply  Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Midgets at Cedar Lake Wi.
12/16/12, 4:20 PM   #1
Midgets at Cedar Lake Wi.
Augie

The Sandbox at Cedar Lake Speedway is having midgets March 8th, 9th, and 10th.

2 members like this post: Puppy, racegal
12/16/12, 4:21 PM   #2
Re: Midgets at Cedar Lake Wi.
racegal

Race Count This Year: 19

Thanks! That is only a couple hours from me! I had a blast last time I went!

12/16/12, 4:45 PM   #3
SETracing

Race Count This Year: 57

What size is the track

Posted via Mobile Device

12/16/12, 5:37 PM   #4
ISF

It's a 1/3rd mile long. A true oval layout. No dog legs or anything like that.

We've been up to Cedar Lake several times for the big dirt late model shows they put on there, although it's been a few years ago now.

The times we've been there they did a good job with track preparation and ran a tight show, keeping things moving along.

Unless things have changed recently, camping can be somewhat of an adventure, especially if it rains.

IMHO the midgets will put on a good show there. It's definitely out in the country. Depending on weather and rainfall a little side attraction could be tubing down the Apple River. That deal can take on a 1970's Indy Snake Pit flavor. LOL!

1 member likes this post: racegal
12/16/12, 6:13 PM   #5
SETracing

Race Count This Year: 57

The Arena is 1/3 mile?......idk if they would be racing outdoors at the beginning of March. I think the race would be indoors and that would be an awful big track for being inside.....

Matt Schuck
SETracing 52 and 53

Posted via Mobile Device

12/16/12, 6:19 PM   #6
latemodel55

Who is sanctioning body?

Posted via Mobile Device

12/16/12, 6:39 PM   #7
deadbird

ISF, its an indoor track. Badger ran there a few years ago I think. If you want to go tubing you may want one of those heated wet suits....could be pretty cold.

Posted via Mobile Device

12/16/12, 6:48 PM   #8
Tim Watson

Quote:
Originally Posted by deadbird View Post
ISF, its an indoor track. Badger ran there a few years ago I think. If you want to go tubing you may want one of those heated wet suits....could be pretty cold.

Posted via Mobile Device
Water tubing or snow tubing? Doesn't matter if it's early March. We got about a foot of snow on March 3 this year!

12/16/12, 8:02 PM   #9
Ovalmeister

We went to the last indoor midgets at the sandbox, it was pretty cool. True bullring style racing, not as big as the Chili Bowl track but still cool. The ventilation was brutal. They had to stop the feature on Sunday to let the air clear, as it was being monitored and went over the limit. I read where they spent $100,000 on a new ventilation system so we are SO looking forward to going back. Highly recommend it if you have nothing better to do.
David.

12/17/12, 12:18 AM   #10
ISF

Sorry guys. I took it for granted it was a warm weather scheduled race at Cedar Lake Speedway near New Richmond, Wisconsin.

Wasn't aware there was an indoor venue named Cedar Lake. The term Sandbox didn't register at all.

It's only the second time this weekend I've made myself look really dumb!

1 member likes this post: sw1911
Reply Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Midgets at Cedar Lake Wi.