IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum
Forgot Password?

Reply  Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Payton manning to play for broncos
3/19/12, 12:31 PM   #1
Payton manning to play for broncos
Wallsracing

Race Count This Year: 54
Race Count Last Year: 37

http://www.wthitv.com/dpp/sports/pey...th-the-broncos

3/19/12, 1:16 PM   #2
Re: Payton manning to play for broncos
speed bump

He Wanted To Stay With The Horse Theme..

3/19/12, 1:34 PM   #3
terrehautian

I still wonder how "healthy" he is and if he is still able to throw like he used to. Will he be to throw at all. What are the chances of him staying healthy. Though all the Tebow maniacs are going crazy right now. I sorta like it.

3/19/12, 2:48 PM   #4
Ovalmeister

With Painter and Orlovsky gone, maybe the Colts will sign Tebow as Luck's backup.

David.

3/19/12, 3:11 PM   #5
DbSr

Being a Broncos fan i am cautiously thrilled that he is coming to the team i route for..Now more pieces to the puzzle need to be put in place and the corn fed boys up front need to block as well as they did for him in Indianapolis..It was fun to watch a different brand of football last year, knowing not to drink to much of the Tebow koolaid..I did enjoy them putting the Steeler nation to bed however....Eh Areo

1 member likes this post: racefan20
3/19/12, 3:21 PM   #6
racefan20

Quote:
Originally Posted by DbSr View Post
I did enjoy them putting the Steeler nation to bed however....Eh Areo

“To whom little is not enough, nothing is enough.” Epicurus

3/19/12, 5:01 PM   #7
AERO410SCJA

Race Count This Year: 24

Quote:
Originally Posted by DbSr View Post
Being a Broncos fan i am cautiously thrilled that he is coming to the team i route for..Now more pieces to the puzzle need to be put in place and the corn fed boys up front need to block as well as they did for him in Indianapolis..It was fun to watch a different brand of football last year, knowing not to drink to much of the Tebow koolaid..I did enjoy them putting the Steeler nation to bed however....Eh Areo
20 mil a year so they can go 10 and 6 and lose in the second round of the playoffs again,sounds like a bargain

2 members like this post: LittleRube, TQ29m
3/20/12, 11:42 AM   #8
racegal

Race Count This Year: 19

I'm a new Bronco's Fan!!! I would rather have him in Indy but he is still a Horseman!

3/20/12, 1:45 PM   #9
I Miss Manzy

Manning? Don't believe I've heard of him! Does he race with USAC or with the Outlaws? For further explanation,please see signature below and realize that I don't really care about the second two!

For weeks now the newscasts have all opened something like this:

"Good evening. The sun did not come up this morning,huge cracks have appeared in the earth's crust,and giant rocks are falling fom the sky! But first! Manning is in Phoenix!!! Could he be playing here?"

Sheesh! Gimme a break,willya?
Last edited by I Miss Manzy; 3/20/12 at 1:56 PM.

1 member likes this post: terrehautian
3/20/12, 3:48 PM   #10
Mud Packer

Race Count Last Year: 59

I really hope that he can play and play well. Recovery from this type of injury may not be fully known for some time. He might be back and close to 100% now, but he will be 36 years old before the 2012 season starts. How many hits can he absorb and how many passes does that right arm have left? Only time will tell.

He also has been very lucky during his career to avoid serious injury until now. Could this be the beginning of a new era or just a start of more of the same injury.

Also, it should be noted that Peyton has played at least 1/2 of his games in indoor facilities on a yearly basis. The weather in Denver can be and will be much different. Can he prove that he can thrive in that type of climate?

With the kind of numbers they have put up, the Broncos are definitely taking a large risk. Depending on how much of his contract is guaranteed, his number against the cap in future years could very well limit them from adding veteran talent without upsetting the current roster balance. Remember, Indy spent freely on the offensive side of the ball. Will Elway and the Broncos be willing to do the same? Can they afford to?

No question in my mind that the Colts did the right thing. No way could they afford to pay the roster bonus to keep Manning and sign Andrew Luck. If that would have happened, the balance of the roster would have been almost all rookies and free agents. The Colts couldn't have competed in the free agent market and certainly couldn't have afforded re-signing anyone of there current free agents.

The next couple of years will be a true test for the Indianapolis fans. Will they stay the course and cheer for a team that will certainly need all the help they can get. Or will the fans disappear and only hop back on the bandwagon when things get better.

2012 will be a year of interesting situations to say the least. Here is hoping that the Broncos and the Colts made the right decisions for the long haul.

Be nice to people on the way up. You might need them on the way down. Jimmy Durante

Reply Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Payton manning to play for broncos