IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum
Forgot Password?

Reply  Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > USAC Sprints at I-96 in MI May 4?
12/20/18, 9:02 AM   #1
USAC Sprints at I-96 in MI May 4?
staggerman

Looking at I-96 schedule they show USAC sprints on May 4 but the USAC schedule does not have it on it. Is it going to happen? I would be a happy to see the USAC boys up north.

https://www.i96speedway.com/schedule/

12/20/18, 1:50 PM   #2
Re: USAC Sprints at I-96 in MI May 4?
Eric Smith

I'm guessing not unless they get another show somewhere close for the 3rd. I can't see them asking everyone to drive that many hundreds of miles for a one night, stand alone show. But I sure hope they do come up here.

1 member likes this post: tirespinner
12/20/18, 9:13 PM   #3
Re: USAC Sprints at I-96 in MI May 4?
Stevensville Mike

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eric Smith View Post
I'm guessing not unless they get another show somewhere close for the 3rd. I can't see them asking everyone to drive that many hundreds of miles for a one night, stand alone show. But I sure hope they do come up here.
Good point, Eric. Car counts have been small whenever USAC crosses the northern border and comes into the country of Michigan. Last time I remember them racing at Hartford, about 1/3 of the field was SOD regulars running their cars w/o the wing. They need a good back-to-backer. Someone also needs good $$$-to-$$$ to bankroll it.

BUT...... one can always ask Santa for a Christmas present come May.

Reply Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > USAC Sprints at I-96 in MI May 4?