IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum

Register! Forgot Password?
racefan20 (Offline)
  #11 7/4/16 1:39 PM
Originally Posted by SPRINTCAR:
Check out his profile for god sake the guy gave blood one time for money to go racing!!! C'MON MAN!!

Any thing else to say?
Yes as a matter of fact I do. The point I was making was that too many people want someone else to pay for what they want....and I'm not just talking about racing. Each one of those drivers from the left coast would burn up alot of $$ coming out here then driving all over Indiana, to expect USAC or anyone else to foot that bill is probably not realistic. If its worth it to them they will come like they have in the past. Josh Hodges decided that it was worth it and he is beginning to make a name for himself in the midwest. If you wanna put up a go fund me page to bring a driver out here, great have at it. To think that USAC or "someone" is going to come up with the $$ to bring anyone let alone the top 10 in points out here for 2 weeks is misplaced. You can go ahead and flame me now.
BTW oppweld I do appreciate ANYONE who gives back to the sport we love.

John Hoover

“To whom little is not enough, nothing is enough.” Epicurus
2 Likes: BrentTFunk, Pat O'Connor Fan
Josh Spencer (Offline)
  #12 7/4/16 2:28 PM
This is why so many people have left Indiana Openwheel because some people are jerks on here and it's sad. I know Bill wouldn't have wanted people being treated badly on here, because he wasn't that type of person! The guy just asked if any left coasters were coming and he gets bashed? It would be nice if owners/drivers got tow money! Does that give any of us the right to be a dick? I guess that's how many people want to act these days. Sorry oppweld not everyone are rude on here and hope it doesn't detour you away from this great site.

Josh Spencer
44 Likes: 2fast4u, bighd0522, brady, bus man, captrat, cj02, cleatziff, Clydesdale, cwfan08, DHayes818, Dirtfan, DirtHawk92, dirtnonwingfan, dkdorkboy, Eatin Dirt, hhiester, interpreter66, jerrydt, jim goerge, jjones752, Jrp4554, kart31rac, kcarm92, kylecumminsfan, mc/rider, open_wheel_outlaw, opnwhlmnd, Panama, PGAPro, pushinthecushin, Racer12, reeserx, ryan84, Scooter, Shawn, Shawn Harper, Speedracer, SPRINTCAR, Stephen Cording, Stevensville Mike, tdt636, The Fanthom, tirespinner, Will Shunk
bojo20 (Offline)
  #13 7/4/16 6:07 PM
Well said Josh===I agree 100 percent
3 Likes: dirtnonwingfan, kart31rac, Stevensville Mike
DirtHawk92 (Offline)
  #14 7/4/16 8:43 PM
Positive note to this thread... I believe Ryan Bernal & Jake Swanson came out last year for Smackdown.. If my memory serves me correctly? Anyone remember?
Scooter (Offline)
  #15 7/4/16 8:57 PM
don't let this place turn into hose heads...
7 Likes: CB24, Dirtfan, dirtnonwingfan, oppweld, Speedwrench, Stealth87, Stevensville Mike
Dirtfan (Offline)
  #16 7/4/16 9:14 PM
Originally Posted by DirtHawk92:
Positive note to this thread... I believe Ryan Bernal & Jake Swanson came out last year for Smackdown.. If my memory serves me correctly? Anyone remember?
Jake & his car owners were here for ISW
Last year,they had a great time,unfortunately they won't be making the trip this year.

Dan Hetser

"Today is a Gift, Tomorrow is not Promised"
2 Likes: BrentTFunk, DirtHawk92
pushinthecushin (Offline)
  #17 7/4/16 9:31 PM
Originally Posted by Scooter:
don't let this place turn into hose heads...
In someways it already has. Nowhere near as bad but it's getting there. Too many people feel like they have to spout insults for someone saying something they don't like or agree with. It's at a point where if I see where certain people have commented, I don't even go to that thread because I already know what it's going to be like. I even asked Mrs. G to get rid of my account at one point because of it but realized there are too many good people on here than bad so I asked her to reactivate the account. I don't know a whole lot of people here personally and my opinion doesn't really matter but had to step in on this one. Sprint cars rule regardless if it's wings, nonwings, 410s, 360s, 305s, 358s, mini sprints, midgets or whatever and I appreciate every driver, car owner, sponsor, supporters of every team out there that sacrifices a lot to race so we can go watch every weekend!

I'm done. Happy 4th of July everyone and have a great week!
13 Likes: 2fast4u, dirt330, Dirtfan, DirtHawk92, dkdorkboy, GYATK94, interpreter66, Josh Spencer, kart31rac, MIracing, ryan84, Stevensville Mike, tirespinner
Stevensville Mike (Offline)
  #18 7/4/16 11:27 PM
Originally Posted by Josh Spencer:
This is why so many people have left Indiana Openwheel because some people are jerks on here and it's sad.....
Josh Spencer
Now, now, men. All is good. I have posted on here myself in the past, leading with a left and having a big right cocked for a response.

It is funny what a few beers might do to someone, and their responses. But the next morning we usually regret what we said and ask for forgiveness. I hold up my hand in that arena.

Hopefully no harm done here? Let's all shake electronically, and as said earlier, let's not turn this forum into one like that other one that I refuse to even name but starts with an "h". We have a great thing going here. On the other hand, when the adrenaline gets flowing, we all get going. AND..... sometimes, what it typed, and HOW it is typed, might not necessarily be the way the typer is trying to get his/her point across. Sometimes we all need a little slack cut.

With that.... see you all at Gas City Friday. I'll be wearing my purple hat. ISW calls.
4 Likes: DirtHawk92, Jerry Shaw, mc/rider, tirespinner
revjimk (Offline)
  #19 7/4/16 11:49 PM
This site is a model of civility compared to Hoseheads
Thanks, & Happy 4th!
2 Likes: Charles Nungester, sprinter14
Charles Nungester (Online)
  #20 7/4/16 11:58 PM
Hard to believe its been 30 years but I had a teacher for my Sr. Year Trade School class that as soon as something got close to getting out of hand or too silly. He would say "GROW UP DAMN IT" loud enough for everyone to hear.

Stopped it every time.

Think before you hit post, Would you want that someone to talk to you in this manner? Does it convey your true meaning? Is it correcting wrong information or just flaming because you can? I don't think anyone minds the first part.

Charles Nungester