IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum
Forgot Password?

Reply  Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Lps
6/6/22, 10:34 PM   #1
Lps
IndianaSprintFan

I seen on Facebook they are requiring proof of age for kids to get in free. What a joke. I’ve taken my sons friends with me to tracks. What am I supposed to do, ask their parent to send their birth certificate with us. Who the hell is gonna do that. Trust me, you are making plenty off of kids 10 and under in your concession line while I’m missing the races. Be Better!!!! Because whats gonna happen is not asking their friends to go. Good way to grow the sport

5 members like this post: addictedtodirt, Ken Bonnema, luckybuc97, progressive22, TQ97
6/7/22, 5:54 AM   #2
Re: Lps
Andrew S. Quinn

I didnt see any post on this anywhere,but if they are doing this,I am guessing it would be for entrance to the pits.

1 member likes this post: tirespinner
6/7/22, 6:29 AM   #3
cope42

I think that is correct birth certificate for pits only , im sure someone from lps will comment on this to clear that up .

6/7/22, 6:52 AM   #4
luckybuc97

Race Count This Year: 6
Race Count Last Year: 11

10 and under free with paying adult and Proof of age for the grandstand’s. That’s the way I read it also.

6/7/22, 7:16 AM   #5
TQ97

It was on their Facebook post advertising this weekends race.

“Race Day! Come on out for the Fan Rememberance Race! Indiana Late Model Series, Sprints, Modifieds, Super Stocks, and Bombers will be racing!
Josh Boller has a special tribute on his race car, and that piece of the car will be given to the second ticket drawn in the 50/50!
Pick up a Fan Rememberance Tshirt at the Novelty stand!

Pit Gate opens 3pm
Pit Admission $35/10 & under free with proof of age
Main Gate opens 5pm
General Admission $20/10 & under with proof of age!
Hot Laps 6pm
Racing 7pm”

6/7/22, 7:16 AM   #6
kb78

I'm not saying I agree with LPS here, but remember this the next time you see people trying to get an obvious 13 year old in for free. I've seen this for years and so have you, people want to complain that they don't get a fair shake from promoters but they are the first ones to skirt the system.

7 members like this post: Carl49, JarrettFarms73, Milly, PJ Wright, sw1911, tirespinner, TNRustler
6/7/22, 7:36 AM   #7
Rpracing1

I'm not saying I agree with LPS here, but think of all of the concessions profits to be made with those kids there for free and those kids not being there in future years if parents not taking them now due to restrictions. Is this really 2022 innovative thinking? My 2 two year old has to whip out Billfold and show I.D? Just curious how many other Indiana tracks require this and also charge 4x4 registration? Smart money decisions.
Last edited by Rpracing1; 6/7/22 at 8:10 AM.

2 members like this post: luckybuc97, tirespinner
6/7/22, 7:43 AM   #8
luckybuc97

Race Count This Year: 6
Race Count Last Year: 11

Quote:
Originally Posted by kb78 View Post
I'm not saying I agree with LPS here, but remember this the next time you see people trying to get an obvious 13 year old in for free. I've seen this for years and so have you, people want to complain that they don't get a fair shake from promoters but they are the first ones to skirt the system.

I agree a 100% but simply ask the kid their birthdate and most of them will screw it up for the most part. The age limit used to be 12 and under so I’m not sure what’s happened to that or why? Well maybe I do but that’s another subject.

6/7/22, 8:26 AM   #9
Blackduce

Sometimes the Insurance
Company will tell you need to document different rules for different ideas to make what they want to protect themselves. Today this a tuff deal. Could be they see a change needed.
Today business will drive you
crazy with the requirements to operate a business.

Lynn

3 members like this post: dirtbag, tirespinner, TQ29m
6/7/22, 8:28 AM   #10
hilly

Race Count This Year: 4

This debate came up a couple months ago on the Bloomington Facebook page. After making a comment on the debate(about a 4 yo), I was private messaged by the track and assured that common sense will prevail in cases where it is obvious the child is under 10. I'm guessing it won't be an issue until your kid is in the 7-8+ range, but who knows. Guess we'll find out.

2 members like this post: JarrettFarms73, tirespinner
Reply Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Lps