IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum
Forgot Password?

Reply  Indiana Open Wheel > Vintage Classifieds > Wanted Info Kurtis Kraft Midget
9/23/19, 10:31 AM   #1
Wanted Info Kurtis Kraft Midget
RichardBelmont

Race Count This Year: 6
Race Count Last Year: 10

Hi all. my first post. Am looking for info on a KK midget I bought. Have not found the serial number yet, still looking. It came out of Indiana, possibly raced last in 60' or 70's with a simple cage or single hoop installed. Dark blue & silver #43, Driver Jeff, Liggett Bros. on cowl, DECO ENTERPRISES, Anderson Ind. decal on side panel. Also has 'Darrell's Sunoco' on the hood. Have photos but not sure how to post them. Thanks for any help ID'ing this car.
Photos in my profile album.
Last edited by RichardBelmont; 9/26/19 at 1:01 PM.

10/9/19, 12:53 PM   #2
Re: Wanted Info Kurtis Kraft Midget
RichardBelmont

With the help of a gentleman from Mahomet, IL. I found the car and crew I was looking for. Now the search for its previous owner(s). Thanks for reading this thread.

10/11/19, 11:28 AM   #3
RichardBelmont

It seems this car may have come from the Illiana IL. area and the original belly pan and under-tray has yellow and maroon paint under the blue paint. Does the color combination trigger any memories to anyone out there from that area? Any ideas or comments would be welcomed.

2/13/23, 10:34 PM   #4
wbjrace

id you ever get an answer and find the serial number? Mine was on the small right side frame member seen from inside the cockpit under the dash. Apparently they may also be on the tail frame member after the fuel tank.

4/10/23, 5:35 PM   #5
wbjrace

Do you have the book - The Kurtis Kraft Story by Ed Hitze. There are also 2 books on Kurtis Kraft Midgets by serial number and photos. You may find it in either case.

Reply Indiana Open Wheel > Vintage Classifieds > Wanted Info Kurtis Kraft Midget