IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum
Forgot Password?

Reply  Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Kkm at Midget week
5/24/18, 3:28 PM   #11
Re: Kkm at Midget week
jim goerge

got to remember KKM has cars for Larson Rico and Bell when they can run a midget

5 members like this post: flagboy55, jdull99, jsfan, Ol Dad, tirespinner
5/24/18, 3:29 PM   #12
Nate

Quote:
Originally Posted by david mitchell View Post
Thinkin about it though,how many have graduated to the “next level” since this has started.I can only think of Kyle Larson and he would have made it regardless.Think its a case of fool’s gold.
Yeah! Guys like Christopher Bell really fizzled out...

5/24/18, 3:44 PM   #13
Charles Nungester

Race Count This Year: 6
Race Count Last Year: 14

Really sick of this S@#* where is your car? Some of this isn't just rich dads, but some that shown enough talent to get some development programs behind em. The fact that Kunz has been around a long time, has lots of connections ect, should'n't be discounted.

I just cheer when Bright, Buckwalter and others run with or beat em.

5/24/18, 5:45 PM   #14
DOWmotorsports

To run your own team on the USAC nat tour is gonnna cost around 150k-200k at least and that's if all goes well. Look back at the track record for who's driven for KKM and where they all are now, IMO midget drivers seem to transition the fastest into other forms of racing, dirt or otherwise, so a 250k investment to learn from one of the GOATS and run those yotas doesn't seem THAT bad. It's almost like enrolling in the Harvard of racing universities. And where did the 250k number come from, could be speculation, could be BS.

3 members like this post: flagboy55, opnwhlmnd, tirespinner
5/24/18, 6:17 PM   #15
staggerman

Quote:
Originally Posted by DOWmotorsports View Post
To run your own team on the USAC nat tour is gonnna cost around 150k-200k at least and that's if all goes well. Look back at the track record for who's driven for KKM and where they all are now, IMO midget drivers seem to transition the fastest into other forms of racing, dirt or otherwise, so a 250k investment to learn from one of the GOATS and run those yotas doesn't seem THAT bad. It's almost like enrolling in the Harvard of racing universities. And where did the 250k number come from, could be speculation, could be BS.
The $250k a season is what I have also heard from a former mechanic on the team. KKM also has guys running the house cars for purse money and those guys have earned the ride. Totally agree with you, go buy your own truck, trailer, cars, motors, and 25 years of experience it is going to cost you probably more without the success or name recognition.

3 members like this post: flagboy55, jsfan, tirespinner
5/24/18, 6:41 PM   #16
brsteg

Race Count This Year: 8
Race Count Last Year: 43

Quote:
Originally Posted by staggerman View Post
The $250k a season is what I have also heard from a former mechanic on the team. KKM also has guys running the house cars for purse money and those guys have earned the ride. Totally agree with you, go buy your own truck, trailer, cars, motors, and 25 years of experience it is going to cost you probably more without the success or name recognition.
Open Red interview with Keith said that they do indeed have the guy renting rides but they also have guys that they run on their own based on talent. I'm sure Toyota is really helping with that since they missed out on Larson and now have Bell.

3 members like this post: chrismattlin, flagboy55, tirespinner
5/24/18, 8:33 PM   #17
sw1911

I have come to worship anyone willing to dump their money into our sport.

6 members like this post: flagboy55, racenut69, rachasin, Rpracing1, spicoli, tirespinner
5/25/18, 1:54 AM   #18
flagboy55

David, I think I'm in the minority here when I say I enjoy your input regardless of whether or not I agree. But I have to say, KKM, probably could put on a race of their own that I might pay to see

3 members like this post: chrismattlin, jim goerge, tirespinner
5/25/18, 2:03 AM   #19
trackprep

Race Count This Year: 53

Quote:
Originally Posted by PAW View Post
Spoiled brats with a Rich Daddy!
So what. Keith has worked to build his team and I have nothing but respect for him. When assclowns like you post your underlying jealousy posts I just say wow. When you can field a team as good as Keith does and have the support of corporations and manufacturers we as competitors,fans should be thanking him every time we see him at a track. His drivers don't need a person with only internet access calling them spoiled brats. Also his crew guys which are great guys don't deserve stuff like that either.

5 members like this post: chrismattlin, jsfan, leftturnonly, Rpracing1, tirespinner
Reply Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Kkm at Midget week