IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum

Register! Forgot Password?
foytfan (Offline)
  #1 7/10/22 10:07 PM
First time to either track. Does either one have a place where you can bring your own chair (I.e. puntnamville)? What are their cooler policies? Does either offer reserved seating? If not where is the best area to sit at both.
reeserx (Offline)
  #2 7/10/22 10:11 PM
Originally Posted by foytfan:
First time to either track. Does either one have a place where you can bring your own chair (I.e. puntnamville)? What are their cooler policies? Does either offer reserved seating? If not where is the best area to sit at both.
No chairs, no coolers inside, no reserved seating at both tracks
Gas city’s stands are awful. Sit in the pits.
Not a bad seat at Kokomo. I prefer front stretch but a lot of people like back stretch.
badcoupe (Offline)
  #3 7/10/22 10:33 PM
Take a seat cushion for gas city especially, Kokomo I prefer backstretch, I’ve only watched a heat race or two from front stretch as we’re usually their racing and I prefer the backstretch.
beaner (Offline)
  #4 7/10/22 11:16 PM
Always interesting on the very different views for seating preference. I arrive early for my seat choice in my travels around the various tracks. Yes I take a seat cushion but no problem with Gas City stands and I will always take the front stretch over backstretch or pit stands, including at Kokomo. You can usually find me between 4th turn and flag stand up pretty high to be able to have a good view of the track.
3 Likes: EBookerFan, Grocery Guy, PIT CART
Moreland76 (Offline)
  #5 7/11/22 7:14 AM
I’m a pit stands at Gas City and usually a backstretches at Kokomo, which puts the sun at my back. Welcome to Indiana and hope you have a blast!
Charles Nungester (Offline)
  #6 7/11/22 10:07 AM
Go, have fun

Charles Nungester
2 Likes: duel, Hustlin-Hoosier
BrentTFunk (Offline)
  #7 7/11/22 10:18 AM
While Gas City has a grandstand that is not comfortable, the views are great. You are right on top of the action. When the track is wet, mud gets thrown over the top row. I prefer the front stretch at Kokomo. They are steep enough, that you feel on top of the action too.
3 Likes: duel, Grocery Guy, oppweld
foytfan (Offline)
  #8 7/11/22 9:40 PM
Oh I’m going just haven’t been to either track and was wondering a few things.
I would go even if I had to stand.
3 Likes: BrentTFunk, Grocery Guy, Hustlin-Hoosier
The55 (Offline)
  #9 7/12/22 12:31 AM
Arrive early to get a good seat. Best to be there when gates open to mark off your seats.