IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum

Register! Forgot Password?
bart (Offline)
  #1 6/4/14 10:57 PM
I just booked my flight from Dallas into Indianapolis for the Brickyard Vintage Racing this weekend and need some help with suggestions on tracks I can hit Friday night, Saturday night and Sunday night. I have not booked a hotel yet so I may just stay in the cities I end up near and drive back to IMS each morning.

I arrive mid-day Friday and will head over to IMS for the afternoon. Activities at the Speedway are scheduled to wrap up about 6pm each day.

My favorite racing is non-wing sprints and midgets on dirt.

Anyone have suggestions on tracks I should hit while in the area. I don't mind driving an hour or two. It is not often I get to Indiana so I would like to make the most of it.

Thanks in advance!
Bart
www.RadiusNation.net
Newport13 (Offline)
  #2 6/4/14 11:15 PM
Saturday night, BOSS at the Burg.
HARFprez (Offline)
  #3 6/4/14 11:39 PM
Friday night choices are: Bloomington or Gas City Speedways, both great shows with sprints, mods, and stocks. Bloomy 1hour south from Speedway, GC about an hour and a half n.e.. Saturday, 3 choices and all are sprint, mod, and stock shows. Lawrenceburg is 2 1/2 hours s.e.; Lincoln Park Speedway is 50 minutes west as is Paragon Speedway. Both L'burg and LPS are banked bullrings and Paragon is flatter and a paperclip type. Kokomo on Sunday night for sure, fast fast fast and you'll be headed home by 9 pm. Kokomo is an hour straight north. Hope this helps, bob
treecitytornado (Offline)
  #4 6/4/14 11:42 PM
You will have fun no matter where you go.
racefan20 (Offline)
  #5 6/4/14 11:43 PM
Kokomo is not running this Sunday

John Hoover

“To whom little is not enough, nothing is enough.” Epicurus
AERO410SCJA (Offline)
  #6 6/4/14 11:49 PM
Danville Illinois is racing sprintcars on Sunday.
Charles Nungester (Offline)
  #7 6/4/14 11:54 PM
Lawrenceburg is a hour and a half, not two and a half.

You make your own decision. LPS is less than a hour west
Both will be good sat night shows. Both are 90 plus percent highway to get to but 70 often has construction.

Charles Nungester
bart (Offline)
  #8 6/4/14 11:57 PM
Thanks for the excellent feedback. I'll check out these options! Sure wish Kokomo was running. I've heard so much about that place.

Bart
Danny Burton (Offline)
  #9 6/5/14 12:00 AM
Originally Posted by bart:
Thanks for the excellent feedback. I'll check out these options! Sure wish Kokomo was running. I've heard so much about that place.

Bart
Come back for Indiana Sprint Week?

http://www.hoseheads.com/dannyb.html

Quiet, numbskulls. I'm broadcasting.
bart (Offline)
  #10 6/5/14 12:17 AM
Originally Posted by Danny Burton:
Come back for Indiana Sprint Week?
I've told the family for years that is my dream vacation! They're not buying into it.

Someday I'll drive up for the week.

Bart