IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum
Forgot Password?

Reply  Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > DuQuoin weather
9/4/13, 5:59 PM   #71
Re: DuQuoin weather
usac1957

only 2 cars on ethonal R. Gamster and C. bell . But my question is where was Kevin Miller ?

2 members like this post: mowerman, Mud Packer
9/4/13, 6:44 PM   #72
mowerman

Race Count This Year: 13
Race Count Last Year: 87

Quote:
Originally Posted by usac1957 View Post
only 2 cars on ethonal R. Gamster and C. bell . But my question is where was Kevin Miller ?
Back at the office counting his money .

1 member likes this post: luckybuc97
9/4/13, 6:55 PM   #73
usac99

Quote:
Originally Posted by mowerman View Post
Back at the office counting his money .
You just might be right!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

9/4/13, 8:50 PM   #74
ronmil

Race Count Last Year: 48

Don't know about a tumble at Springfield, but Richie's car definitely had a unique appearance. It certainly wouldn't win any beauty contests, but it was fast on that particular night at DuQuoin. He started last in the consi because he didn't have a qualifying time, won it, started last in the feature and won it. That race was run on a Saturday night, a rain date, and was the best race I have seen at DuQuoin. It was the first run under the lights. Tyler Walker set a record in qualifying, which still stands. Sounded like he never lifted at all on that lap.

2 members like this post: luckybuc97, SC90
9/4/13, 9:13 PM   #75
SC12

Just a few clarifications

I believe Tobias used a lot of eastern modified designs when he built that car that barrel rolled into turn 1 at Springfield in 2003. IIRC, they had a sprint car a the shop that was built similar for the Eldora event, and took it and stretched it into a dirt car.

It's true Rich never had a qualifying time at DuQuoin in 2003 and did start last (13th) in the semi, he did not win it, he finished 5th as Kevin Huntley won it in the SC 97. He did not start last in the Ted Horn 100, he started 25th and took the lead from JJ Yeley on lap 76.

Walker did not set a track recod in 2003, that was set by Teddy Beach. Beach was the 30th scheduled qualifier and his time of 29.947 was (at that time) a world record.

Walker set the existing track record the next year.

1 member likes this post: racephoto1
9/4/13, 10:37 PM   #76
racephoto1

The car Richie won DuQuoin with was the sprinter. Richie told me he made a sprint car with the longest wheel base allowed. He also made it so he could move the front axle even further forward for a champ dirt car. It worked, he won. It was a short wheel base East Coast mod. Wide 5's and all. It was ugly , but fast. Saw him go to the tail of the Hoosier Hundred one year, and by lap 53 or so was leading.Then the power steering broke.

Also remember this, DuQuoin is a mile from the INSIDE guardrail. When your running the cushion hammer down, it's a lot longer then a mile out there.
Last edited by racephoto1; 9/4/13 at 10:42 PM.

1 member likes this post: SC90
9/5/13, 11:37 AM   #77
jmarsicano

Quote:
Originally Posted by onthegas7j View Post
What bit Shane was a 65 gallon cell... A 75 gallon tank will not fit on the Smaller bodied Beast like the 15 and the 55 compared to the mid bodied cars like RW and RFMS...
There are several style 55,65,75 gallon shells available over the year. I have a 75 on my early Beast copy, and we ran a 75 gallon on the 65 car.

Weeks built some beautiful aluminum 75 gallon shells for the Silver Crown cars.

Reply Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > DuQuoin weather