IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum
Forgot Password?

Reply  Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Susky
3/10/16, 6:42 PM   #1
Susky
nowingsjeff

Race Count This Year: 5

When USAC makes it two appearances to Susky this year it's not going to be at the same old hole in the wall speedway it was in the past. The old girl has hit the gym and is on her way to becoming a knock out. The thing I'm excited about is how wide they've made the place. Could this place become the Kokomo of The East?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2fC0...ature=youtu.be

3/10/16, 7:12 PM   #2
Re: Susky
BrentTFunk

Man that sure makes me want to try to figure out a way to get to either of those USAC weeks. I hope they have a good year

4 members like this post: fish, i love dirt track racing, jim goerge, oppweld
3/10/16, 7:25 PM   #3
Kirk Spridgeon

I have told people I thought it was kinda like the North Vernon of Pennsylvania. Now, imagine millions being pumped into that place. New stands, lights, fencing, and some focused track work. It's gonna be a gem.

3/11/16, 2:05 AM   #4
revjimk

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrentTFunk View Post
Man that sure makes me want to try to figure out a way to get to either of those USAC weeks. I hope they have a good year
Do it! Don't miss little Path Valley & Lincoln is great too....

4 members like this post: BrentTFunk, i love dirt track racing, jim goerge, oppweld
3/11/16, 8:32 PM   #5
BrentTFunk

Quote:
Originally Posted by revjimk View Post
Do it! Don't miss little Path Valley & Lincoln is great too....
My time is already pretty packed. Looking at my schedule, I am probably going to about 60 races. I have grandkids in Georgia that I have to save vacation time for also, and my band is getting back together for one night to warm up for the Fabulous Thunderbirds. Plus on an average work week I work about 46 hours. Would love to go, but I don't think I can get there without missing some thing else. Safe travels to you. I will be at Midgetweek and the Smackdown, so maybe we will cross paths

2 members like this post: fish, i love dirt track racing
3/11/16, 8:44 PM   #6
flagboy55

Brent, where are you opening for the thunderbirds? Does Jimmy still play with them or is it just Kim's deal now. Loved your band when I saw you guys, believe it was at Eldora

4 members like this post: BrentTFunk, fish, i love dirt track racing, interpreter66
3/11/16, 9:33 PM   #7
BrentTFunk

Quote:
Originally Posted by flagboy55 View Post
Brent, where are you opening for the thunderbirds? Does Jimmy still play with them or is it just Kim's deal now. Loved your band when I saw you guys, believe it was at Eldora
It is Saturday July 23. It is free at Foster Park in downtown Kokomo. It is part of the Harley Owners Group state convention in town that weekend. That is the second night of the All Stars at Kokomo Speedway. With it being Brickyard 400 weekend, I would think it wouldn't start real early, so a few drivers would have time to get there from Indy. A person could probably do both. Jimmy hasn't toured in a long time, but I saw them a couple of years ago and they were really good. Thanks for asking.

2 members like this post: fish, i love dirt track racing
3/11/16, 10:10 PM   #8
interpreter66

Quote:
Originally Posted by flagboy55 View Post
Yeah it was the night of the all night four crown race 😃I think you really earned your money that night (and morning )

1 member likes this post: BrentTFunk
3/11/16, 11:15 PM   #9
flagboy55

As of now I plan on being there for that weekend. I'm sure I'll see you before that, but hope be in kokomo for the whole event

3/12/16, 4:00 PM   #10
WinglessLovers

Race Count This Year: 19
Race Count Last Year: 85

When we use to live in PA & they ran Sunday nights with sprints we felt it was the best track in Central PA. Then the Fishers ran it into the ground.
So happy to see the Gobrecht family with Cotton Goose as GMT running the place now. We are so there in June & August!! Should be awesome again.

Bruce & Pat Eckel

Reply Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Susky